Let's see your GHL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But the problem was everytime I went to do a software/firmware update I'd run into weird problems and semi-brick my P3 controller. Then it would be down for half a day while I tried to figure out how to fix it. I run apple products and have windows on parallels, but the GHL products don't like connecting to my "windows" for some reason. So instead I use an older PC laptop which works 95% of the time. But it's the other 5% that always rears its head when I am doing some sort of a mission critical update. I get an error 60 or some sort of connection issue mid-update and pooch my machines. Really bad for the mitras as well, I had to open them up and push the little button on the board plenty of times. Now I just avoid updates like the plague.

But yes I agree, the Abyzz should take over once it loses signal. But alas, it did not. I never said it was GHL's problem to fix, just that it was a problem :)

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried running windows in Bootcamp? If you boot directly into windows, rather than using an Emulator/Virtual machine, you shouldn't have this issue. Just ask @reefwiser :)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Marco is right I have windows installed as a boot camp partition on my MacBook Pro. One issue I found last week that Marco helped me with a firmware update I was having. [emoji3]
What we found was the issue was how USB was handled by the emulator I use Fusion instead of Parallels. So found when doing firmware updates I now boot into the bootcamp partition and run straight windows.
If you use the emulator it wants to drop the USB connection all the time and bricked my doser 2 while updating it. [emoji51]
But I got it straighten out with Marco and Vinny's hand holding. [emoji3]

Another learning is to always check the com port that the USB connection is using when running in the emulator as it can change on every start up of Windows. I always record by work and I will be doing a video on tips for doing firmware updates the simple and painless way. [emoji3][emoji106]

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't run bootcamp in a long while. Never got the point of running a non-native system on a Mac. I bought a Mac because I like Mac lol.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't run bootcamp in a long while. Never got the point of running a non-native system on a Mac. I bought a Mac because I like Mac lol.
This would be one of those. If you don't have a dedicated windows machine, bootcamp is your friend!! :)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I understand about windows that is why I run Fusion in unity mode as I only see the GCC program. [emoji3] but if I am doing a firmware update I boot into windows on the partition. Once done I shut it down and go back to the peace and quite of my Mac. [emoji3]

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bootcamp is the way to go !

I'm using one of my older(mid-2012) MacBook Pro's with a second hard drive, partitioned for Bootcamp. All i did was swap the optical disk drive for an SSD.
Bootcamp.jpg

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bootcamp is the way to go !

I'm using one of my older(mid-2012) MacBook Pro's with a second hard drive, partitioned for Bootcamp. All i did was swap the optical disk drive for an SSD.
Bootcamp.jpg

I ran into troubles doing that on Mac Pro with win8.1, I couldn't stand to lose any more hair so I gave up. [emoji57]

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't even have to upgrade I run window 10 without upgrading. It has a little nag message on the screen. But when I run in unity mode you never see it.:)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Clayton Jessup Looking good! That tablet sure does add a nice touch. ;)

@coweyes298 You're all in on GHL now! Everything looks so clean and fancy. Thanks for sharing.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_1744.jpg
DSC_1743.jpg

Left side empty space is for KH director and another doser 2.1. All GHL device from Mitras to P4 to doser 2.1 now. Looking for adding another Power Bar since I am running out outlet now........

I love the planning ahead for more GHL additions Lol! Looks great:)

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Clayton Jessup Looking good! That tablet sure does add a nice touch. ;)

Thank you very much Vinny@GHLUSA for the kind words! I am still planning to add a Doser 2.1 to my system to replace my Bubble Magnus BM-T01! I am hoping that the tablet will let me all wats display MyGHL.com so that I will always have that showing !

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back