Let's see your GHL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that have tried both the old dosers and the Doser 2, are the pumps equally noisy? I have two old dosers and the noise made by the pumps is OK for 1-2 minutes, but no more.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for more GHL users!

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that have tried both the old dosers and the Doser 2, are the pumps equally noisy? I have two old dosers and the noise made by the pumps is OK for 1-2 minutes, but no more.

For me this would not matter , I ususlly run all the noisy stuff between 12MN and 6a.m. , I also plan on running my skimmer momentarily also.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The doser2 makes no noise at all. I have the older model too. But don't have it setup right now as I have a few doser2 already. The unit is in my living room and I never hear it. An unit one runs 7 times a day for dosing Balling and ATO. So I would hear it if it was noisy.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Doser 2 is VERY quiet.
Behind stand doors it's silent. With doors open you can hear it if you listen.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for your response. May be I should start thinking about replacing at least one of the old losers with Doser 2.

Here is my GHL equipment: Profilux 3, two old dosers and the SMS Module. There is also a Power Bar 6D at the other side which does not show up in the photo.

IMG_4615.JPG

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
270g setup

You can find the whole build in my description I think lol.

Profilux 3.1N ex? bought the ultimate kit with the touch, etc. I have three power bars as well as a doser 1 and doser 2. 3 Mitras 6100HV to which I have added 4 x 48" T5's and another 2 x 24" on one end. The profilux controls the 4 ecotech MP40's. I have an expansion box over at the water change station as well. I used panduit to help with cable management. I have space in the back fishroom so absolutely hiding the wiring wasn't a priority, but I needed to be able to control the routing.

i-QKJJv5q-XL.jpg

i-4P7TQd8-XL.jpg

i-tBxNhFn-XL.jpg

Water change station

i-jxsB2w5-XL.jpg

Abyzz a200 pumps (the profilux can control these as well but I haven't fully trusted the setup)
i-K7B6Wpv-XL.jpg

fin mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the maximum intensity level you guys use on your Mitras? I just put two of mine on my 120 about three weeks ago. I used the acclimation mode and started off at 45% to end up at 70% over a one month period. The corals are definitely showing signs of burn. I backed it off to 60% as the end point for the acclimation period. Just curious about your high points?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
270g setup
<cut>
Abyzz a200 pumps (the profilux can control these as well but I haven't fully trusted the setup)
i-K7B6Wpv-XL.jpg

I'm wondering about this - do you mind elaborating? I'd be happy to help if there is something you're feeling unsure about on the GHL/ProfiLux side to control your Abyzz

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marco,

I had been in contact with GHL & Abyzz a while back and they told me if the power went out on the profilux until, the pumps would take over on their own after 10 seconds of no communication. I tested it out and they never restarted when the profilux was down so I just don't trust that setup. I really want it to work as there are some float sensors that I'd like the abyzz pumps to respond to.

Suggestions?

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use mine on eco mode and about 70%. I started with them straight off and didn't add them to an existing system so I didn't need to acclimate my corals. On the other hand I don't put a new coral directly underneath them. I start near the bottom of the tank and work my way up.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marco,

I had been in contact with GHL & Abyzz a while back and they told me if the power went out on the profilux until, the pumps would take over on their own after 10 seconds of no communication. I tested it out and they never restarted when the profilux was down so I just don't trust that setup. I really want it to work as there are some float sensors that I'd like the abyzz pumps to respond to.

Suggestions?
That is unfortunate - have you checked if they have any firmware updates for the Abyzz's pump controller?
I don't have an Abyzz to check with, but essentially you're controlling it with a 0-10v signal, their controller has to see it drop out, and manually restart the pump,if that is the desired effect. Though, IMHO, if my P3 cuts the 0-10v signal, I'd want my pump to stop, not revert to it's own programming and do something I may not want.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back