Let's see your GHL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reef fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
here my setup

IMG_8950_zps1d9mls40.jpg

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL Doser 2 still sitting on top?

Any other new dosers with potential? I need to buy one real soon!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing as well made and supported or with amount of features as a Doser 2.1 which has reversible motors ( the doser 2 does this too.) and pump motors that can run for hours.

fin mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some super sweet set ups on this thread. GHL products are in a class of there own. Can't wait to get my two Mitras installed. I'm sure my corals will thank me too. Just wondering if I can add to my GHL collection with some sweet Black Friday deals. Just checked the website and unfortunately, I've seen nothing. Please prove me wrong.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for more!

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I get The Profilux 4 and install it I will post pics. I might even put doors on my stand too. lol

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct!

Ok...wow...I missed that.

What's the difference between the Stand Alone and Slave?

So is the slave unit for the profilux and stand alone just able to function by itself?

What's the max number of heads they come with?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standalone = Do not need a controller, or another device to program dosing schedule. It's all built in. +LAN & WiFi
Slave = Need either a ProfiLux controller, or a Standalone Doser 2/2.1 to attach to. Has no capabilities of it's own.

Max of 16 pumps/heads. You may purchase the chassis (standalone or slave) with 2/3/4 heads, and can always expand to the max of 4 heads per chassis, for a total of 4 chassis with 4 heads each, for grand total of 16 heads.
Standalone also has 2 level sensor inputs, a temp input, as well as output to drive up to 4x magnetic stirrers on each Doser 2/2.1 chassis

Standalone:
StandAlone_Back.png

Slave:
Slave_Back.png

One more - a Standalone can always be turned into a slave to either a ProfiLux controller, or another Standalone Doser 2/2.1, however a Slave can only be a slave, can never run on it's own.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That's impressive!

So how will I add more heads? Looks like there's only room for 4 heads on each pump>?

So the chassis is the unit itself and can have a total of 4 heads.

So If I bought an additional chassis...would it be the same cost as a regular unit since I wouldn't need all the features and brain? All I'll need is the additional pump heads.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close. Let's say you do not have a ProfiLux controller, and are starting off with a brand new doser.

You can purchase a Doser (model) 2 or 2.1 in either 2, 3 or 4 head(pump) configurations.
Say you purchase the Doser 2.1, STANDALONE, 2 pump. You can then, down the road when you have a need for more, purchase the 2 to 4 pump upgrade kit. This will get you to 4 pumps on the first doser(chassis). Should you then find yourself needing a total of 7 pumps, you would simply purchase another Doser 2 or 2.1 chassis, but a SLAVE model, with 3 pumps. The Slave models come at a reduced cost.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close. Let's say you do not have a ProfiLux controller, and are starting off with a brand new doser.

You can purchase a Doser (model) 2 or 2.1 in either 2, 3 or 4 head(pump) configurations.
Say you purchase the Doser 2.1, STANDALONE, 2 pump. You can then, down the road when you have a need for more, purchase the 2 to 4 pump upgrade kit. This will get you to 4 pumps on the first doser(chassis). Should you then find yourself needing a total of 7 pumps, you would simply purchase another Doser 2 or 2.1 chassis, but a SLAVE model, with 3 pumps. The Slave models come at a reduced cost.

Sorry for the late reply, I had to go do my rounds. I work nights in a hospital.

Anyway...

Ok I see now. That makes sense. Well...I own an apex and I think i'll get the Doser 2.1 standalone (4 pump). Then later i'll buy another chassis (slave model) with 4 additional pumps after I get used to playing with the first one. I wanna dose ALK, CAL, & MAG of course and a lot of trace elements.

Thanks for all your help!

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply, I had to go do my rounds. I work nights in a hospital.

Anyway...

Ok I see now. That makes sense. Well...I own an apex and I think i'll get the Doser 2.1 standalone (4 pump). Then later i'll buy another chassis (slave model) with 4 additional pumps after I get used to playing with the first one. I wanna dose ALK, CAL, & MAG of course and a lot of trace elements.

Thanks for all your help!
Look at us late night hospital workers. Posting all night. Holla!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%

Back