Lets see your Nems today!

ZoaAddiction81

Nems And More Nems
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright....alright....who is this Blue, Purple??? And Gold Clown.... something tells me I cannot afford....
I actually found this maroon clown at Petco it looked different than all the others in the tank.I’ve had him for a good 6 years now.. Thanks

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful symbiosis. My Ocellaris hasn't entered a coral or Nem in 16 years lol....curious, always liked BTA's, especially being a rock dweller, do you find yours stays put long term, or it will wander? I'd like to add one more Nem, but the current fella/gal Long Tent always makes me nervous on the 'March' although no issues knock on wood yet....two wanderers and I'd likely pull my hair out.
I’ve only had this one for a little over a month now. Spent the first 2 weeks in an acclimation box and luckily it’s been in this spot since I let it out. Only a matter of time before it starts to stroll though haha

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually found this maroon clown at Petco it looked different than all the others in the tank.I’ve had him for a good 6 years now.. Thanks
Wow Gold stripe maroon ? You hit jackpot there, both on your camera shot and success with this one. Awesome.

ZoaAddiction81

Nems And More Nems
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright....alright....who is this Blue, Purple??? And Gold Clown.... something tells me I cannot afford....
F8CE8E78-831C-4DBE-B5F1-361893225C65.jpeg

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only had this one for a little over a month now. Spent the first 2 weeks in an acclimation box and luckily it’s been in this spot since I let it out. Only a matter of time before it starts to stroll though haha
Arrghh you ruined it for me lol....So want....sigh.....do I tempt fate.....

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are four in this photo... Three days ago I had two; one of them split three ways. Great, except now they're all on the move and making their way in the wrong direction!
0204211924.jpg
Gorgeous. I am beginning to think we (those who have coral as well) , just accept this battle if it comes....over 20 + years I never had much luck with Nems, and last few years, they are announcing their presence.....

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to move my rock work around and now my bubble tips are on one side of the tank lol hope it lasts..
This as well.... my Long Tent literally shifts the rock on it's own, then I fiddle with it, then it does, it's a monthly back and forth... NO! NO! YOU DONT GO THERE ! Lol....

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok pic 1....what is this species? Love it, looks almost like a rock Nem but in sand? Fill me in....
It's an H. Aurora anemone or beaded anemone.

It burrows in the sand like a LTA reminds me of the sarlacc from starwars. They host clarkii clowns. My true percula has tried venturing in at least 3 times but rushes out soon after due to stings.

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an H. Aurora anemone or beaded anemone.

It burrows in the sand like a LTA reminds me of the sarlacc from starwars. They host clarkii clowns. My true percula has tried venturing in at least 3 times but rushes out soon after due to stings.
Yes! The sarlacc!!! Wow, Percula tempting fate lol. Looking into these now.....

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 150 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%

Back