• Total voters

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MoshJosh's thinking:

Build Thread: when you are starting a build and will post the steps as you go or you have already documented the steps and are posting them just after start up. Can also apply for tank restart, adding to a system (plumbing in a new tank or sump), significantly changing a system, or building a note worthy piece of reefing gear (DIY scrubber, lighting, etc. . .)

Tank Journal: when the tank is already up and running and the initial set up was not documented OR new set up that you have good reason to believe will be long running with consistent posts/updates/ongoing documentation.

I think in a perfect world (a perfect reef2reef) there would be a way to link or combine or rename a thread when it is a combination of a build thread and a journal, or when it transitions from one to the other.

An example of the latter being my 15 gallon softy tank. . . it has 4-5 build threads that could probably be combine into a single tank journal. . . Maybe I could start a journal and add links to all the build threads (sounds like a lot of work). Or maybe the build threads could be joined in a chronological fashion with an updated title. . .

These are just my though. . . BUT THEY ARE ALSO UNDISPUTABLE FACTS!!!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread got a lot of traction considering over 150 K members...

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You gave me an idea; however, it's most assuredly not allowed to say here so I'll let you minds fill in the blanks
Glad you said something before I did...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No , I changed and deleted "journal" myself...
but thanks... :)
Calm down bud we’re testing some things out including badge text. You may not understand why we do some of the things we do but we have a bigger picture for R2R and the future in mind. We have to think forward and not just in the past and even the present. We have to think growth and more options and what impact even a badge name can have on the growth of R2R for the future. We have our reasons and hope everyone can just trust us on some things.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also we’re still weighing what changes we will make so thanks for the constructive feedback so far.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also we’re still weighing what changes we will make so thanks for the constructive feedback so far.
I think it’s just people don’t like change me included lol, we kinda like Build Thread over My Tank Journal, that’s just what danieyella is trying to say. Of course we respect the new and changing ideas for the site, but some of us, we, just aren’t certain on them atm is all. Hope I’m coming on correctly :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it’s just people don’t like change me included lol, we kinda like Build Thread over My Tank Journal, that’s just what danieyella is trying to say. Of course we respect the new and changing ideas for the site, but some of us, we, just aren’t certain on them atm is all. Hope I’m coming on correctly :)

I understand and thank you for the input!

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kinda like the showcase, pfft ,whether you like it or not...:crying-face:

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I genuinely don't care what it's called, I just find the terminology used in response to fishguys post incredibly condescending, esp for a "family friendly" forum or whatever we're calling this these days

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I genuinely don't care what it's called, I just find the terminology used in response to fishguys post incredibly condescending.
I understood that, wasn’t sure how to add that tho to my comment, im sure rev understood too

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 49 34.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back