Lid on my rotifer bucket

  • Thread starter Thread starter joekidwell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joekidwell

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
287
Reaction score
189
Location
Greeneville TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lid is only pushed down on one side to where there is about a two inch gap on the other side allowing air to enter and escape.

In between clutches I let my rotifers go or at least I thought I did. After a few days of totally not touching them I checked my bucket and saw a few still in there. I started feeding phyto again but didn't do the water changes. Two weeks of feeding and no water changes I got them back up to density. I took the lid off today to do a water change, it was covered in brown thick skimmate from the air stone. You don't hear about people using lids But this can't be a bad thing, can it?
 
Last edited:
My lid is only pushed down on one side to where there is about a two inch gap on the other side allowing air to enter and escape.

In between clutches I let my rotifers go or at least I thought I did. After a few days of totally not touching them I checked my bucket and saw a few still in there. I started feeding phyto again but didn't do the water changes. Two weeks of feeding and no water changes I got them back up to density. I took the lid off today to do a water change, it was covered in brown thick skimmate from the air stone. You don't hear about people using lids But this can't be a bad thing, can it?
Both my cultures have lids, they get some gunk on them, but the lid shape likely allows gunk to fall back into the water. No issues with having lids as far as I can tell, my cultures seem to be OK.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new