Life cycle of ich

  • Thread starter Thread starter littlefoxx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

littlefoxx

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
12,086
Reaction score
12,240
Location
Denver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal @vetteguy53081

So due to the algae and other issues in my tank I made the choice to do a 100% water change and scrubbed the algae off my rocks. I wanted to know how long the life cycle of ich would be in the tank with just RO water for the time being? I have transferred my fish to QT. None are showing ich symptoms so I am just observing them for the time being. I was just wondering if no salinity would kill the ich faster than they typical hypo salinity?
 
@Jay Hemdal @vetteguy53081

So due to the algae and other issues in my tank I made the choice to do a 100% water change and scrubbed the algae off my rocks. I wanted to know how long the life cycle of ich would be in the tank with just RO water for the time being? I have transferred my fish to QT. None are showing ich symptoms so I am just observing them for the time being. I was just wondering if no salinity would kill the ich faster than they typical hypo salinity?
Using freshwater to eliminate ich works, but I don’t know the timeline for it to kill the tomont resting stage. I’ve used 3 days as a target in the past.
 
@Jay Hemdal @vetteguy53081

So due to the algae and other issues in my tank I made the choice to do a 100% water change and scrubbed the algae off my rocks. I wanted to know how long the life cycle of ich would be in the tank with just RO water for the time being? I have transferred my fish to QT. None are showing ich symptoms so I am just observing them for the time being. I was just wondering if no salinity would kill the ich faster than they typical hypo salinity?
Ive seen breakpoint at 14-20 days but hard to pinpoint timeline in Hyposalinity which is why I favor coppersafe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new