danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the purple and green coral it really fits right there
The big round one? A minimax, there's also a watermelon chalice tucked in to the left of him that is actually acting a little grumpy recently. Some food landed on him and he bleached out where it was at the time. Drama queen.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree! The tank looked off without it

I think it lasted less than a day without? I guess about a day, I soaked it after drilling to be safe. I agree, it looked weird without. Now I'm tossing around the idea of adding in sand... I can't get the mushrooms to leave the plugs and it's driving me crazy, with sand I can bury the plug face somewhat....

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it lasted less than a day without? I guess about a day, I soaked it after drilling to be safe. I agree, it looked weird without. Now I'm tossing around the idea of adding in sand... I can't get the mushrooms to leave the plugs and it's driving me crazy, with sand I can bury the plug face somewhat....
@LRT ;) shroom advice:cool::)

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, tank is here. Don't forget, I'll be installing a different light on it than what came with. It's not even set up on this.

IMG_20200614_141839.jpg

Here it is with the extra live rock from the sump of my large tank.

IMG_20200614_141942.jpg

I think it's a decent fit, will probably either stand it up sideways, or angle it a little more not set it straight in like that. Any suggestions/thoughts?
I like it.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was following this thread but somehow got totally lost point me towards post or something to get me up to speed :)
I'm guessing it's regarding my battle with the shrooms that refuse to leave the frag plugs. I was toying with the idea of adding sand so I can bury the bulk of the plug itself so it's not so visible.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was following this thread but somehow got totally lost point me towards post or something to get me up to speed :)
mushrooms not leaving plugs...sand?? or no sand??

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it lasted less than a day without? I guess about a day, I soaked it after drilling to be safe. I agree, it looked weird without. Now I'm tossing around the idea of adding in sand... I can't get the mushrooms to leave the plugs and it's driving me crazy, with sand I can bury the plug face somewhat...
Can you snuggle a piece of rubble in next to the shroom. Its worked for before. Bare bottom is very easy to clean. Sand in my opinion just a little extra. Having zoa or another encristing coral is very cool too.
Either way you tank is very colorful and is very pleasing to the eye.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you snuggle a piece of rubble in next to the shroom. Its worked for before.
I will try to dig some rubble out of the big tank and pop it over there to test. Good thinking. The fluffy shroom in the front left corner was on rubble on the plug so I could just pop it right off and he's good to go. That orange one you can SEE the rubble they moved him over with and he's having none of that. He's actually half on the glass half on the plug. I was going to move him to the 90 because he seems displeased with the amount of light he's getting but I haven't been inspired enough to fight that battle yet.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you snuggle a piece of rubble in next to the shroom. Its worked for before. Bare bottom is very easy to clean. Sand in my opinion just a little extra. Having zoa or another encristing coral is very cool too.
Either way you tank is very colorful and is very pleasing to the eye.
Also, that bright orange zoa I just recently plopped in there I was *hoping* will grow over and cover the bottom for me. You're absolutely right though, it's so easy to clean without sand in there....

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mushrooms not leaving plugs...sand?? or no sand??
You can remove a shroom from original foothold with persistence. This kinda messed me entirely up as most threads are about getting shrooms to re attach:)
You can do both with burying them in sand.
This has me thinking now

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@danieyella, didn't you say that you were thinking about getting some rfa's? Wouldn't they he happier in sand?
yeahhhh but every time I buy RFAs I end up adding them to the colony in the big tank.... There's always a *perfect spot* for whichever I've brought home...

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@danieyella, didn't you say that you were thinking about getting some rfa's? Wouldn't they he happier in sand?
In the rfa thread you talked about yours spawning if I remember right. I just ordered some this year.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back