Light and salinity

Its been up at least 2 months but I do a lot of water changes. Will ammonia disapear when tank cycles? Will nitrates go up? I do have some zoo pylops and a mushroom

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
 
In a cycle, the ammonia should drop to zero, then the nitrites will increase and then drop, and finally the nitrates will increase and then take a while to drop. However, 2 months should be plenty of time for the initial cycle.

CJ
 
I have done 1-2 water changes a week of 3-4 gallon which is 30-40%

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new