Light Fixture Question

Xler8n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.. So i was thinking of adding some more light to my system.. I currently have a 75 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. My lighting is a Current Sunpod with 150 Watt X 2 Phoenix 14K DE Bulbs. Someone told me that the ballasts in the sunpod arent very good so i was thinking of somehow retro fitting 1 or 2 of these to the side of my sunpod with some actinics to get some better color and more wattage on my corals. 48" TEK 2 T5 Retro Kit 2 x 54W lamps by Sunlight Supply - AquaCave. What do you guys think and also if i were to get 2 on each side so 4 T5s total what are some gold bulbs.. I heard giesemanns are good but there are different colors. Which would i need if i already have the 14Ks. Also would 1 48" bulb on each side (408watts total) be fine or should i go for 2 48" bulbs on each side (516 watts total)?? Any advice or pictures on how i would go about doing this project would be appreciated. Thanks

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with ati bulbs, blue+. It will give you a nice blue and still give you good par. As far as wether two or four I guess that would depend on how much more blue supplementation you want. You can always start with two and if its not enough go with two more.

OP
OP
Xler8n

Xler8n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a bulb I can use that will supplement the Halides instead of actinics? Actinics i guess are mostly for color..

OP
OP
Xler8n

Xler8n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at True Actinic and Blue Plus. What do you think would be better?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back