light for 40 gallon

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey so i need a light for a 40 gallon tank. the dimensions are 36 in length x 12 in width x 21 in height. i am leaning towards viperspectras 165 watt lights. they give out a lot of par and they are very good price wise. anyone have any luck/reviews with them? i am planning on upgrading to a 75 gallon later and will be planning to use 2 of these lights on it, but for now on my 40 itll be just one light. any suggestions/advice? please and thank you!

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey so i need a light for a 40 gallon tank. the dimensions are 36 in length x 12 in width x 21 in height. i am leaning towards viperspectras 165 watt lights. they give out a lot of par and they are very good price wise. anyone have any luck/reviews with them? i am planning on upgrading to a 75 gallon later and will be planning to use 2 of these lights on it, but for now on my 40 itll be just one light. any suggestions/advice? please and thank you!
I hate the black box leds, a PITA, ugly, and one caught on fire for me not long ago. Another one stopped working completely, and a third one.. well that one works. I try not to use them unless I have to. This is a better option in a similar price range.

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate the black box leds, a PITA, ugly, and one caught on fire for me not long ago. Another one stopped working completely, and a third one.. well that one works. I try not to use them unless I have to. This is a better option in a similar price range.

Would viperspectra lights not work well? Also I saw those lights rlly don’t have much par.

Back