light for new aquarium

smirgut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so far ive only had freshwater tanks, recently though ive ordered a waterbox peninsula mini 25 gallon tank, measurements are 60cmwidth×40depth×40height, what would be a good lighting option for a tank this size with only soft corals

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think a Radion XR15 G5 or 6 would be nice. It might be 'overkill' you may be able to buy a used G4 that would also work. There are many ways to skin a cat and I'm sure you will get lots of recommendations! Best of luck with your new tank

PEPRON12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out one of the Maxspect Jumps. I have the regular on a 75gallon mixed reef and recently the Blue on a Waterbox 20 AIO. I didn't see a lot of reviews on them when I was in the market, but the price was right for me to take a chance. The app is NOT a breeze to set up but works well without any issues once you figure it out.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A kessil a160we (or two a80's), AI blade, Noopsyche mini or k7 v3, reefbrite lumilite pro, or a quanta bar all work. My nano tank's kessil a80 has the color spectrum and shimmer I like the most so that is why I recommend kessil's despite the price. As the above mentioned, maxpect also makes the jump lights which are a good price.

OP
OP
S

smirgut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out one of the Maxspect Jumps. I have the regular on a 75gallon mixed reef and recently the Blue on a Waterbox 20 AIO. I didn't see a lot of reviews on them when I was in the market, but the price was right for me to take a chance. The app is NOT a breeze to set up but works well without any issues once you figure it out.
i assume its the 65w one you have

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back