Light issues

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 ocean revive t247b fixtures. 1 works great and the other came to me with the blue channel out. I bought them like that. So I took apart the partly operational light and kinda got acquainted with the way it wprks and also the components and when I put it back together the blue channel was working but leds were dimmer than even 1% and also randomly flickered a bit. So I took it back apart and checked all connections and even tested both drivers for both channels and nothing seemed to fix it. So I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix or what might be the cause. These are my first LEDs and the non or partial blue fixture is a back up/possible sale in the future if I can get it working properly. I also have a tank in my daughter's room and she wants corals so it could become hers.
Side note: my daughter who is 8 has invested het time and has helped me with every step to this point and is invested in everyway other than financially in seeing this through :)

The pics are of blue channel solo and of both channels together however the intensity of the blues is the same in both pics just drowned out in the pic with both channels and the spectrum channel is on 1% intensity
Clearly the blue channel is not even 1% intensity.

IMG_20190315_225240.jpg

IMG_20190315_225217.jpg

OP
OP
coralfrenzy88

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 other thing to note, the one thing I haven't been able to check because I don't have a meter is if the proper power is coming off the power plug via wires from the plug to the driver for blue channel. This may be my problem but asentioned I believe at this point I will need a meter to test my currents

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back