Light Options for a 5ft tank

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
i'm looking for lighting options for my upcoming 5ft L, 18inW, 19 in H tank with a center brace. The current options now are 2 AI hydra 64, or 3 Hydra 32. The main goal is to keep a gigantea as the center piece later down the road. The rest will be LPS dominate with some SPS on top. Since the tank is only 19in in height, which lighting option would work best for it?
thank you in advance

Sqwertyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could light with 3 Noopsyche k7 pro 2 for probably 1/2 or 1/3 the price of those lights. Just my opinion, depends on what kind of features you want out of your lights

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be all over a reef breeders photon v2
Would that be enough for a5ft tank? only thing im afraid is not enough lighting for the gig.
You could light with 3 Noopsyche k7 pro 2 for probably 1/2 or 1/3 the price of those lights. Just my opinion, depends on what kind of features you want out of your lights
How is the lighting quality. i've never heard of that brand before. Since i'm getting sponsored, pricing is not an issue, so i'm looking for ones with high quality that can support the lighting needs for the gig

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would that be enough for a5ft tank? only thing im afraid is not enough lighting for the gig.

Yes especially if you run it at full bore. The optics are tighter than the wide hemispherical beads the AI and ecotech lights come with. Diodes are more spread out and focused down. That being said I have two for my 60”x24”x24” sps dominant tank

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes especially if you run it at full bore. The optics are tighter than the wide hemispherical beads the AI and ecotech lights come with. Diodes are more spread out and focused down. That being said I have two for my 60”x24”x24” sps dominant tank
Thank you, so for a 5ft tank with only 18 in deep would be great with 1? or would you still recommend 2?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back