Lighting for 60g cube

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are people who have created profiles to mimic the AB+ from the Radions for the Hydras. The overall power is there. I was new into the hobby, and changed the lighting settings too often, chasing I don't know what. I probably burned some corals too with 1 Hydra 26, it is plenty strong, but I needed 1 more for coverage purposes. And I agree T5 are set it and forget it. Also don't need to change bulbs yearly, BRS did research and found the bulbs lost 15% of power after 1 years use (if I remember correctly). But to each their own, whichever way you go will have its plusses and minuses when compared to another variant of lighting i.e. t5 versus led versus halides.

OP
OP
bigdeeezyyyy

bigdeeezyyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are people who have created profiles to mimic the AB+ from the Radions for the Hydras. The overall power is there. I was new into the hobby, and changed the lighting settings too often, chasing I don't know what. I probably burned some corals too with 1 Hydra 26, it is plenty strong, but I needed 1 more for coverage purposes. And I agree T5 are set it and forget it. Also don't need to change bulbs yearly, BRS did research and found the bulbs lost 15% of power after 1 years use (if I remember correctly). But to each their own, whichever way you go will have its plusses and minuses when compared to another variant of lighting i.e. t5 versus led versus halides.

thanks for your input and experience! Lets hope some good July 4th sales will be going on and I may just pull the trigger on something... :)

Goomba_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which light did you go with?
I am using an AP700 right now but preferred the Radion XR30 G4 Pro.
The kessil shimmer is cleaner and the Radion had more disco ball effect.
But the Radion just made my corals happier and pop more? If that makes sense?

I used one and mounted it 9" above the waterline.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back