Lighting help AI Prime HD

AquariumDani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
20G tank: 24x18x18

I recently added corals to my tank, and when the light is off they come out much more. I think my light was too strong so I did some research and came up with these settings:

From 2PM - 6 PM

UV: 50%

Violet: 50%

Royal: 50%

Blue: 50%

Green: 13%

Red: 13%

Cool white: 30%

The lights ramp up at 10:00 AM-2:00 PM and ramp down from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Unfortunately, these settings do not give me a very blue color

The lights used to be at:

UV: 119%, Violet: 116%, Royal: 79%, Blue: 80%, Red + Green: 4%, Cool White: 19%

but I noticed that the corals really hated this as my zoanthids were even closed.

With the new setting, my zoanthids have opened up some additional heads that I didn't even know were on the plug. My Blasto neon seems to still not like this setting, and my micromussa doesn't seem to like the setting too much. Maybe I should move them? Or do I adjust the lights more? I cannot tell if my chalice likes the lights, I haven't seen him adjust differently at all. Additionally, my favia has opened up a little bit, he used to be opened much more.

Some photos are below. I apologize if some are blurry.

Left to right: spitfire favia, coal miner zoanthid, bullseye micromussa, gatorade chalice, blasto neon

Then some close ups:

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I not sure your issue is the lighting. If anything your new settings are kind of low overall, though your Whites are high imo.

Your original AB+ setting has lots 9f success and people run it over nuvo 10s no problem. Myself included for a bit.

Now I run WWCs prime schedule... UV, V, RB, B, 100% with R, G, W at 10% for 4 hours followed by just the violets and blues for 7 hours.

All that said, recently added corals can be touchy and messing with lighting won't help them settle in.

OP
OP
AquariumDani

AquariumDani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I not sure your issue is the lighting. If anything your new settings are kind of low overall, though your Whites are high imo.

Your original AB+ setting has lots 9f success and people run it over nuvo 10s no problem. Myself included for a bit.

Now I run WWCs prime schedule... UV, V, RB, B, 100% with R, G, W at 10% for 4 hours followed by just the violets and blues for 7 hours.
My tank parameters are all in check for what they should be at. What do you think the issue is?

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best advice is to settle on a light schedule and just leave the corals be for a bit and see how they do.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back