Lighting Help!

Mario0240

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Messages
308
Reaction score
153
Location
West Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

so I have had to downsize to a 14g biocube. It currently only has the OG hood on it, and it’s the old led/fluorescent one. I want to put a prime over it eventually but I was wondering how high over the tank I should have it mounted. I don’t have much space to mount anything over it now. Maybe 5-6” of space. I’m open to suggestions for other lighting solutions so that I can get back into LPS/SPS. I know it’s probably a long shot, but I know they don’t make the tubes for the old hoods anymore so I’d like to upgrade and grow some sticks.
Thanks!
 
6" above will be fine, you can adjust until you get the par you want.
 
Octoaquatics makes really nice lids and ours for our boicube 32 was only around $130.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new