Lighting Opinions Wanted

  • Thread starter Thread starter MatsReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MatsReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2015
Messages
240
Reaction score
157
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have an Innovative Marine 16gal with soft corals and a couple LPS. The tank came stock with 2- 8watt LED "Skkye Light" fixtures.
Tank Dimensions
Length 23.62"
Width 12.2" (9" minus rear chamber)
Height 13"

I just ordered the Aquatic Life Marquis 24" 2-bulb T5 fixture for $85 shipped new.

Good choice? Didn't want to break the bank like the Kessil 360 on our 40gal. I liked the idea of the full length coverage of the T5. Enough power for the stuff I'm keeping? Decent upgrade? The four bulb T5 fixtures were all too deep to fit the tank properly. Can't hang anything in this house.
 
It will probably be enough for low light lps and softies.
 
Believe you would be fine especially with the limited height.
 
I say it'll be plenty for what you have. Get some ati bulbs, maybe one blue plus, and one coral plus, or whatever combo you like.
 
I say it'll be plenty for what you have. Get some ati bulbs, maybe one blue plus, and one coral plus, or whatever combo you like.
I would suggest that combo or two coral plus for the added par
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new