Lighting question

Todd Barket

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2017
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a current orbit 24 - 36 inch marine light above my tank it was on the glass now suspended about 4 inches over the glass. I had sunburned my corals (inexperience and wanting to 'see' everything in the bright light) they are just coming back. I've been keeping the whites lower than 45% with 15% blue on the day cycle evening is 3% white 25 % blue and I lower the power a few percent ever 5 or do minutes till dark. Can't afford to replace the orbit (I've gotten a few negative comments about this light) due to a cucumber nuking. I'm sorting that out.

I'm asking for best case settings for the lights? Corals are below the surface by at least 7 inches.
 
Hi. What corals and what size is your tank?
Is not a bad light at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new