Lighting question

mapexdrummer09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm currently running 3 ai primes over my reef tank and I just purchased the aquatic life t5 led hybrid lighting system. I'm still waiting for the item to get shipped to me but am trying to plan out how I will light my system.
As far as my primes I don't plan to change the settings at all. The only thing maybe the height at which the new t5/led system will be over the tank.
I currently run my primes over a 12 hour light period, with a 2 and a half our ramp up and then down time, with full intensity at 7 hours (See pictures below)
When adding the new t5 light I plan to slowly acclimate my corals to the new setup and additional intensity. I plan to turn them on at 20 mins per day for a week at a time until I reach the desired time I want the t5 bulbs on.
My original plan was to run the t5 bulbs during the current prime 7 hour full intensity, letting the primes do the ramping up and down. After thinking about it, I wonder if I should leave the t5 bulbs on for maybe 6 hours, leaving the primes at full intensity for 30 minutes before the t5 come on and off 30 minutes before the primes start ramping down. Or even longer, this is where I would like some input from everyone. Or if you have any other suggestions please let me know!
Screenshot_20180211-175126.jpg
Screenshot_20171231-152010.jpg
IMG_20171106_184935.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add the t5 at the same height as the leds are now (your coverage is probaly good I assume) , and use the t5 at the peak only. And yea, add hours slowly.

If you run not trouble , reduce the peak of the led, not the t5 imo.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back