Lighting Red Sea Reefer 350 G2

alexroy89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needing help on lighting i currently have a fish only tank I am switching to my new tank I just purchased soon a Red Sea Reefer 350 G2 and plan on adding of corals in the near future I’m not rich just looking for some good reasonable price lights and I’m looking for the one with the tank mounts thanks

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needing help on lighting i currently have a fish only tank I am switching to my new tank I just purchased soon a Red Sea Reefer 350 G2 and plan on adding of corals in the near future I’m not rich just looking for some good reasonable price lights and I’m looking for the one with the tank mounts thanks
Hello @alexroy89! If one is looking for simplicity, I'm sure there are several folks selling their used LED lamps, including some that are unused Red Sea ReefLED90 models that come with this and have universal folding arms. Some prefer to hang them and there's always any specifics on control too. If you don't have any aquarium control systems yet, the Red Sea ReefLED 90 is likely the easiest and quickest to implement.

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reefer 350 but I’m not a huge fan of the RedSea lights, I’d rather something with better light distribution like Radions, Reefbrites or Hydras. I have 2 XR30 radions on my tank but 3 XR15s is probably just as good if not better.

not going to say it’s a cheap option, but high quality reef lighting is worth it. Great PAR and spectrum, great customer service and warranty, and last a very long time so it’s worth the investment. I know people who’ve had Radions for 5+ years. There’s a reason why we’re on G6 and G4s used are still worth so much.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Long time Reefer, 30 years, and I have owned every MH, T5, and LED almost made. If I were sticking with LED it would be Illumagic Blaze X, Ecotech Radion G4, Kessil A360x with T5 on each side, and since the Radion G4 aren't made anymore I would go with the G6.

Metal Halide is the best, easiest way to grow Coral. T5 is a close second.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back