Lighting Red Sea Reefer 350 G2

  • Thread starter Thread starter alexroy89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alexroy89

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2021
Messages
14
Reaction score
5
Location
Lousiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needing help on lighting i currently have a fish only tank I am switching to my new tank I just purchased soon a Red Sea Reefer 350 G2 and plan on adding of corals in the near future I’m not rich just looking for some good reasonable price lights and I’m looking for the one with the tank mounts thanks
 
Needing help on lighting i currently have a fish only tank I am switching to my new tank I just purchased soon a Red Sea Reefer 350 G2 and plan on adding of corals in the near future I’m not rich just looking for some good reasonable price lights and I’m looking for the one with the tank mounts thanks
Hello @alexroy89! If one is looking for simplicity, I'm sure there are several folks selling their used LED lamps, including some that are unused Red Sea ReefLED90 models that come with this and have universal folding arms. Some prefer to hang them and there's always any specifics on control too. If you don't have any aquarium control systems yet, the Red Sea ReefLED 90 is likely the easiest and quickest to implement.
 
I have a Reefer 350 but I’m not a huge fan of the RedSea lights, I’d rather something with better light distribution like Radions, Reefbrites or Hydras. I have 2 XR30 radions on my tank but 3 XR15s is probably just as good if not better.

not going to say it’s a cheap option, but high quality reef lighting is worth it. Great PAR and spectrum, great customer service and warranty, and last a very long time so it’s worth the investment. I know people who’ve had Radions for 5+ years. There’s a reason why we’re on G6 and G4s used are still worth so much.
 
Long time Reefer, 30 years, and I have owned every MH, T5, and LED almost made. If I were sticking with LED it would be Illumagic Blaze X, Ecotech Radion G4, Kessil A360x with T5 on each side, and since the Radion G4 aren't made anymore I would go with the G6.

Metal Halide is the best, easiest way to grow Coral. T5 is a close second.
 
2x GNC Bluray M Pro (you can also SilverMoon bar to boost PAR if need)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new