Lighting timers?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Lighting By Dana Riddle' started by Ramiro Casal, Nov 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ramiro Casal

Ramiro Casal Member

So this might be a really stupid question.... recently turned my fowlr into a reef tank with easy pest corals like pulsating xenia, GSPs and one hammer coral, I want to automate the lights with a timer, this one,
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant...ur-Indoor-Plug-In-Timer-White-26378/205517336
    If i put 2 of these on my lighting as it has 2 plugs will I never have to worry about turning them on and off again after I program them?

Tags:

2. crabs_mcjones

crabs_mcjones If my name was Sebastian, you'd totally help me R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Correct :) however, you may have to periodically adjust them to the correct time as they get off correct time after a while. And if you live in a state with daylights saving's you'll have to adjust them for that as well. But other than that, these work great for simple on/off :)

Ramiro Casal and saltyfilmfolks like this.
  3. saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks Lights! Camera! Reef! Reef Squad Leader Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor

Look for one with a grounded plug. I'm assuming you lights have a ground plug as well.

And yes. Turns them on and off on time

Ramiro Casal and crabs_mcjones like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted