Lighting Upgrade for a 5' 150g Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martyd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Martyd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2013
Messages
477
Reaction score
267
Location
Summerville, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two gen 2 Radion xr30's (upgraded to gen 3 pros) over my 105 gal that is 48x24x24. I'm upgrading to a 150g that is 60x24x24. If I put a gen 3 xr15 pro between the xr30's, will I be able to light the tank? It's a mixed reef, stocked primarily LPS corals, a few acros and zoas and other softies down low.
 
I think that's more than enough for a mixed reef. The only concern with the xr15's will be potential shading issues over time when corals grow larger. Best of luck with whatever you decide to go with!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new