like the first day of school

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryces
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryces

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
14
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I know it's common courtesy when joining a new forum to post to the intro board so here's my monologue. I never really know why to put on these things it's like the first day of school when you have to go around the class and say a little about yourself and it's supposed to be "fun" but everyone knows they'd rather be in the middle of the nearest four way pulling a Tibetan Monk Experience.

So as I'm sure you've guessed I'm starting a reef tank; my first fish tank ever actually excluding a Betta or goldfish bowl or two twenty some years ago. Had big plans for a high end 75g build but as me and the girl now have to buy a house it's had to be postponed, but rest assured it's coming soon. We've had to settle for an old 10 gallon I've had sitting around the garage for god knows how long and frankly I'm utterly shocked it even held water. We were going to use an old 20 that's been floating around my grandmas since the 70's but no surprise it leaked like a siv so we agreed if the 10 held water we would just set it up and save a little money. When I get some time I'll knock the 20 apart and reseal it so we can upgrade to it when we outgrow the 10. I'm starting a build thread for it mostly for my own records but should anyone stop buy to check it out I'd be happy to talk about it.
 
Hello everyone! I know it's common courtesy when joining a new forum to post to the intro board so here's my monologue. I never really know why to put on these things it's like the first day of school when you have to go around the class and say a little about yourself and it's supposed to be "fun" but everyone knows they'd rather be in the middle of the nearest four way pulling a Tibetan Monk Experience.

So as I'm sure you've guessed I'm starting a reef tank; my first fish tank ever actually excluding a Betta or goldfish bowl or two twenty some years ago. Had big plans for a high end 75g build but as me and the girl now have to buy a house it's had to be postponed, but rest assured it's coming soon. We've had to settle for an old 10 gallon I've had sitting around the garage for god knows how long and frankly I'm utterly shocked it even held water. We were going to use an old 20 that's been floating around my grandmas since the 70's but no surprise it leaked like a siv so we agreed if the 10 held water we would just set it up and save a little money. When I get some time I'll knock the 20 apart and reseal it so we can upgrade to it when we outgrow the 10. I'm starting a build thread for it mostly for my own records but should anyone stop buy to check it out I'd be happy to talk about it.

Hey! [emoji106]
 
Welcome to R2R! Be sure to post a link to the build thread here so that the people stopping by to say hi will know where to go. :)
 
Welcome to class and to R2R. Glad you signed up.
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone I don't know how to link to my build thread but it's the one labeled 10g nano build on pocket change in the beginner section
 
Welcome!!
 
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new