Live aquaria new DOA process

syrinx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered many thousands of dollars with live aquaria and only had 3 losses in 10 years. I had one last week and delt with the form and foto-but am disappointed that the credit can only be used after having my card charged for new purchase. They say store credit will be applied and card adjusted in the office and credit card charge removed. This is not consumer friendly- and opens up the possibility for clerical errors. I am fine with store credit- but it should be able to be added at time of sale.

clffthmps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer service went out the window a long time ago. I mean a long time ago.And to me a lot of them either don’t care or don’t seem to realize a happy customer brings repeat business. A disappointed customer most likely won’t do business with you again. The sad fact is most of them want their money now and doesn’t look at long-term profits.wow!

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered many thousands of dollars with live aquaria and only had 3 losses in 10 years. I had one last week and delt with the form and foto-but am disappointed that the credit can only be used after having my card charged for new purchase. They say store credit will be applied and card adjusted in the office and credit card charge removed. This is not consumer friendly- and opens up the possibility for clerical errors. I am fine with store credit- but it should be able to be added at time of sale.
3 losses in 10 years? You either lucky or live close to them. I am in east coast and I have always have DOA fish, on average 20-30%. Yes, every time I waited at home and like a little boy check the door a few times evertime a truck drove in my neighborhood. So all of the package had never set outside of my door steps more than 10mins.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bad habit of forgetting they’re in the freezer .....

Ironically, in the process of hunting for something today in the back of the garage freezer .... found a corpse-sicle. Clearly LA failed to consider this problem when they changed their policy.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve always been fair to me when I’ve had to deal with them. They even refunded an entire shipment that spent 3 days in transit and came in with everything in ice cold water and dead. It was an absolutely heart breaking experience on my end. (That’s the last time I will ever order livestock during black friday!)

syrinx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 losses in 10 years? You either lucky or live close to them. I am in east coast and I have always have DOA fish, on average 20-30%. Yes, every time I waited at home and like a little boy check the door a few times evertime a truck drove in my neighborhood. So all of the package had never set outside of my door steps more than 10mins.

Yes I am a state away- and generally order corals only-but a few fish. I also tend to order from divers den-not QM. I also QT all corals and fish. The items I lost were 1 order of rock anemones (heat) one 12" rbta and one hammer ups lost for a couple days. I would say distance, choice of animals (i am not ordering athius) , care and luck are the reasons-likely in that order.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am a state away- and generally order corals only-but a few fish. I also tend to order from divers den-not QM. I also QT all corals and fish. The items I lost were 1 order of rock anemones (heat) one 12" rbta and one hammer ups lost for a couple days. I would say distance, choice of animals (i am not ordering athius) , care and luck are the reasons-likely in that order.
Great. I never had luck with their corals. Always in correct items or not what I expected but most of them were taken care of.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also prefer the old policies, of course. When I find a vendor that offers better, I will try them out. Until then, liveaquaria is the best dropship vendor out there.

As for customer service, it is still good as long as you call them. Email them and you will get nowhere.

Jerry Barnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have ordered from them for years. Usually always DD items. It seems to their prices have escalated over the last year. I now find my LFS has better pricing than LA. I have always had great customer service from LA.

nycfishncorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Credit refund only + non refundable bagging fee + increase in minimum for free ship from $99 to 149 all at once was too much for me. I'd still be a customer otherwise. Now I just have my local Petco special order it for me instead.
Petco give u the free ick too

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back