marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a fish from Live Aquaria two weeks ago and it was supposed to be shipped out today. Instead, I get this message:

New shipments arrive at our holding facility daily. Once up to 75% of your order value is available with in-stock items, the order will be fulfilled. On the day your order ships, we will send you an e-mail containing shipment tracking details.

Has anyone else dealt with this before? It seems ridiculous that they wouldn't tell me this for the two weeks I have been waiting to get this fish.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a fish from Live Aquaria two weeks ago and it was supposed to be shipped out today. Instead, I get this message:

New shipments arrive at our holding facility daily. Once up to 75% of your order value is available with in-stock items, the order will be fulfilled. On the day your order ships, we will send you an e-mail containing shipment tracking details.

Has anyone else dealt with this before? It seems ridiculous that they wouldn't tell me this for the two weeks I have been waiting to get this fish.
Did you try calling on phone?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like they just don't have the fish you want currently

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they already get your money?... Meaning it was a case of ‘I’ll gladly charge you today for a hamburger I’ll cook next Month’!?
I know that reference and it's hysterical

Not to laugh at your situation, I would definitely call them, and I would be upset especially if they had my money

OP
OP
marisp127

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they already get your money?... Meaning it was a case of ‘I’ll gladly charge you today for a hamburger I’ll cook next Month’!?
Basically yes. I ordered and paid already as it is a harder to come by fish and didn't want to lose out on the chance to purchase. I then asked them to hold the specimen (which they said was in stock) for two weeks so that I could get back from vacation before it arrived. They were all cool about it and said that was fine (I actually talked to a real person about it) and that they would ship it out yesterday. Nothing about it being sick or not even in their possession.

OP
OP
marisp127

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like they just don't have the fish you want currently
I already paid and asked them to hold the fish as I was on vacation. Just seems backwards that they would allow me to pay for a fish that they said was in stock, claim that they would hold it for me (I talked to a real person who made no mention of not actually having the fish on hand), and would send it out yesterday which of course, didn't happen.

OP
OP
marisp127

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you order out in advance? sounds like they dont have what you wanted in stock right now.
I ordered the fish when it was in stock on the website and asked them to hold it until I got back from vacation. They said that was fine and that they would ship it out on the 24th (yesterday) but then they sent me this.

OP
OP
marisp127

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that reference and it's hysterical

Not to laugh at your situation, I would definitely call them, and I would be upset especially if they had my money
I will give them a call tomorrow to figure out what is going on. It wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't already get paid and agree to hold the fish in question.

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the fish when it was in stock on the website and asked them to hold it until I got back from vacation. They said that was fine and that they would ship it out on the 24th (yesterday) but then they sent me this.
They probably did have it in stock, but sold it to someone else.

OP
OP
marisp127

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does LA show that fish as being in stock right now?
Fish is not in stock right now which is why I ordered it when it was in stock two weeks ago, paid for it, and talked to customer service directly about holding the fish until I returned from vacation (which nobody had an issue with).

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish is not in stock right now which is why I ordered it when it was in stock two weeks ago, paid for it, and talked to customer service directly about holding the fish until I returned from vacation (which nobody had an issue with).
Sounds like they sold your fish to someone else instead of actually holding it for you.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%
Back