• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Live Aquaria's 7 day guarantee

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ARCkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an order from Live Aquaria a week ago today, on July 14. One of the fish started acting "off" yesterday, and I found it dead this morning. I submitted a claim under the 7 day stay alive guarantee and was told that since I received the fish on the 14th, the guarantee expired on the 20th. I always thought that 14 + 7 = 21. Today is the seventh day since the delivery right? I've been using Live Aquaria for years and this is the first time I've had my nose rubbed in the fact that Live Aquaria really ISN'T Foster's and Smith anymore. There was no attempt at a dialogue, just an insincere "Sorry for your loss" followed by a denial of my claim. Looking for recommendations for vendors that still value customer service.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ARCkeeper I apologize that you didn't receive quality customer service. The policy does count the arrival date as the 1st day of the arrive alive, stay alive guarantee, however, if you were not aware of that we can certainly make an exception. Please PM us your order details and we will be happy to review and resolve. Thank you for reaching out and have a nice evening!

OP
OP
A

ARCkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ARCkeeper I apologize that you didn't receive quality customer service. The policy does count the arrival date as the 1st day of the arrive alive, stay alive guarantee, however, if you were not aware of that we can certainly make an exception. Please PM us your order details and we will be happy to review and resolve. Thank you for reaching out and have a nice evening!
Moments before you posted this response, I checked my email and found a response from Tammy in customer service thanking me for filing a claim within the timeframe of the guarantee and giving me instructions on how to use my credit. I don't want to seem ungrateful - I do appreciate the condolences, the credit, and the prompt response - but the conflict between your response and Tammy's still leaves me confused as to what the guarantee actually is, and it doesn't seem to be clearly explained on the website. Even if the clock starts on the day of delivery I don't see how it can start before I take possession of the fish. FedEx didn't deliver the package until well after noon. I found the fish around 8:00 this morning and even though I couldn't file my claim immediately due to a doctor appt., I did file around 11:00. The first response I got from Jessica stated that the guarantee period ended last night.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moments before you posted this response, I checked my email and found a response from Tammy in customer service thanking me for filing a claim within the timeframe of the guarantee and giving me instructions on how to use my credit. I don't want to seem ungrateful - I do appreciate the condolences, the credit, and the prompt response - but the conflict between your response and Tammy's still leaves me confused as to what the guarantee actually is, and it doesn't seem to be clearly explained on the website. Even if the clock starts on the day of delivery I don't see how it can start before I take possession of the fish. FedEx didn't deliver the package until well after noon. I found the fish around 8:00 this morning and even though I couldn't file my claim immediately due to a doctor appt., I did file around 11:00. The first response I got from Jessica stated that the guarantee period ended last night.
@ARCkeeper I am happy it was resolved--our team should consistently be following the 7day guarantee, including the day (not time) the order arrives as day 1. Of course if a customer is not understanding of this--we inform and make an exception. I apologize if any misinformation was provided--shoot me your order in a PM so we are able to dig a little deeper. We will also create better clarity on our site! Thanks

OP
OP
A

ARCkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ARCkeeper I am happy it was resolved--our team should consistently be following the 7day guarantee, including the day (not time) the order arrives as day 1. Of course if a customer is not understanding of this--we inform and make an exception. I apologize if any misinformation was provided--shoot me your order in a PM so we are able to dig a little deeper. We will also create better clarity on our site! Thanks
While I guess I disagree with some aspects of your policy, I shouldn't let that distract me from the fact that your company HAS a guarantee when so few do. Thank you for following up and understanding my confusion.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back