Shipping
YES shipping is available

ReefLegends

For all your phyto, rotifer and copepods needs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to introduce Reef Legends to Reef2Reef. Let me show off a little of our collection, usually each week when I bottle I take a video of the bottles so I can compare bottle densities. You can find our videos on our Instagram page, Facebook page and TikTok. Our live Phytoplankton isn't the typical dark green color you'll see around. We have 11 strains and try to mix them pretty evenly each week. I also show off our Phytoplankton strains on social media and Im sure I'll post them weekly here. Im not about hiding what we are doing or that strain my not be as viable to sell one week to another. I do want you to be successful if you choose to culture your own Phytoplankton or Copepods as I know it's expensive to buy on a regular basis. One our website rlutah.com you'll find single strain bottles and the F/2 fertilizer we use on our cultures. If you have questions please reach out and I'll try and explain how to be successful, with that being said there are 10+ different ways to culture phytoplankton and copepods and be successful.

To start off the first post let me show off the TIsbe biminiensis pod bottles that are ready for this week via our Instagram channel. Inventory for pods is complete for the week and they do sell out fast.

Tisbe pods for the week of 10/9-10/12/23

Click here to purchase our tisbe pod bottles

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There will be new pictures coming to the website tonight or tomorrow. This is how the bottles will look when you receive them.

Attachments

• IMG_4617.jpeg
    IMG_4617.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't hate to much for creating more posts to show off the products. Apocyclops pods are bottled for the week here is a sample of what each bottle looks like. Use code R2R when you spend $60 or more, and receive a free 8 ounce Apocyclops bottle. To use the discount please have the bottle in your shopping cart. All orders are shipped via 2 day UPS, if you're on the west coast or within 2 days of my location the packages arrive via ground.

Apocyclops bottle density

Link to buy Apocyclops pods

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reef Legends is awesome! I’ve had several chats with the owner Skyler and he is very passionate about phytoplankton and copepods. It’s clear he wants you to succeed.

The copepod bottles are more dense than most competitors. Definitely a good value if you are in the market for copepods. Thanks Skyler.

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Goonter. Now I need to figure out who you are. I know who Tangerine Speedo is by his picture.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to do an order, but I have to spend my money on other things. So save me a bottle of rotifers and copes. I will see you on the 22nd at CFM! Just fragged some JF green birds nest, do you need some?

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will pack my black speedo for the trip. What are we doing for lunch? I’m not a 100% I’m bringing a frag tank to Anaheim. If I do I’d love a piece.

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most of the site has been updated for next week. There are a few strains that get updated on Saturday. Rhodomonas salina will be updated Saturday. If you'd like to snag it before its reloaded please send a message or text 801-901-0970 and I'll be able to put the Rhodomonas on your account before updating the site.

Im leaving code R2R active till 10/18/23. Spend $70 or more and get a free 8 ounce bottle of Apocyclops pods. Please put the 8 ounce bottle of Apocyclops pods in your cart before checking out. Free shipping on all orders over $40, all packages are shipped two day UPS and should arrive within 2 days unless UPS has delays like this week. Live arrival guarantee even if the package is delayed. A reward credit will be applied to your account if you do not want the shipment to go out the next business day or the following Monday.

Tigrio pods and bundles that contain Tigrio pods sell out usually every week. I am keeping the 32 ounce Phyto, Rotifer and 16 ounce Tisbe/Apo pod mix at $45 and $55 this week. That is the best deal around to give us a try. Sign up for the mailing list to get $10 off your first order.

Phyto, Rotifer & Tisbe/Apo sale link

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fantastic news for all!! If you were sitting on the fence or waiting for a better deal now is the time.

I was given an exclusive code that will now help you save even more when you order from reef legends.

Enter code db15 at checkout on their website and receive 15% off your order, but that’s not all— for orders $60+ (after discount), they will also throw in a 8 oz bottle of apo copepods free.

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fantastic news for all!! If you were sitting on the fence or waiting for a better deal now is the time.

I was given an exclusive code that will now help you save even more when you order from reef legends.

Enter code db15 at checkout on their website and receive 15% off your order, but that’s not all— for orders $60+ (after discount), they will also throw in a 8 oz bottle of apo copepods free.
Thanks Reefer Dan, Im glad you enjoyed our lineup of products and thanks for the call and social blast.

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should I flood the page with how things look today? Theres still 2 hours to get your order in for shipping today. Isochrysis and Rhodomonas will be done shipping for the week after today.

Rhodomonas, Thal and isochrysis are some of the best batches of the year for cell density and colors.

Reefers Dan code expires Wednesday at 1pm MST, if your waiting to use the code don’t wait too long.

Here’s a look at the rhodo being sent out today before the bottles get labels.

Attachments

• IMG_4729.jpeg
    IMG_4729.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4728.jpeg
    IMG_4728.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do have to wonder what the Pool supply people think when they deliver 15 gallons of Tchlor in the off season.

Attachments

• IMG_4737.jpeg
    IMG_4737.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wonder how the blend looks this week? We try and blend strains evenly per batch. The green phytoplankton usually wins the color but you’ll notice it’s not a typical green mix. That’s because we have more browns when mature that the overall color is a dark seaweed color.

Attachments

• IMG_4742.jpeg
    IMG_4742.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4738.jpeg
    IMG_4738.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4739.jpeg
    IMG_4739.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here’s a few bottles of rotifers that got shipped out. Who here is buying rotifers to feed their corals? Hopefully within a month I have a video of how corals react to live rotifers.

rotifer density video

Vermontreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came across this thread and it solidified my desire to set up a few phyto cultures. I like what I see on the website. once I get the equipment set up I'll be planning on purchasing. Is there a culture or a few that you would recommend specifically for coral nutrition? I see the rhodomoaas is a popular choice

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The ones that do the most for coral health and help micro fauna IMO are isochrysis galbana, Tetraselmis chui, pheaodactylum tricornutum and Rhodomonas Salina.

To buy the gear I’d find a local brew supply store. I’ll tag the one I use locally. They have 1 gallon mason jars and vented lids that are fairly cheap, you can get cheap full spectrum leds and neoprene to wrap around them or you can get led bars and mount behind.

I sell the same fertilizers and water glass (silicate water) for diatom strains on the site.

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 6 gallons of isochrysis that didn’t make it to harvest yesterday. Shipping today for another 3 hours. Crazy day yesterday with over half the orders coming in 30 minutes before cutoff got the best of me.

Vermontreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones that do the most for coral health and help micro fauna IMO are isochrysis galbana, Tetraselmis chui, pheaodactylum tricornutum and Rhodomonas Salina.

To buy the gear I’d find a local brew supply store. I’ll tag the one I use locally. They have 1 gallon mason jars and vented lids that are fairly cheap, you can get cheap full spectrum leds and neoprene to wrap around them or you can get led bars and mount behind.

I sell the same fertilizers and water glass (silicate water) for diatom strains on the site.

Right on thank you for the info. I'm hoping to make an order in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for doing what you do!

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can back reeflegends 100%. These guys send great product and are very willing to help. My order was awesome.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back