Live Rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter saleen385
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saleen385

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2014
Messages
112
Reaction score
7
Location
NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 180g sprung a leak, I took all the rock(200lbs) out of the tank and put it into a barrel with a powerhead to circulate the water. After a few days it started to smell really rancid I added an airstone and another powerhead didn't help. Over the weekend I took all the rock out rinsed it with RO water. It is drying out (probably already dry). Can I just put the rock back in the tank and start to cycle the tank or do I need to do something else?

Thanks,
Jim
 
You just smelled some die off from all those hidden inverts like brittle stars and stomatella. You can just recycle the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new