Live Whiteworms for Mandarins etc.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Paul B I asked you about white worms in live feed post then quickly found this and answered my own question I think my box is too big It's 26 inches by 10 inches..... white worm taj mahal maybe I will go for a smaller castle
I use a plastic, tupperware like, shoe box.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else know who would go for white worms? I am assuming anything that eats worms would be stoked with super active worms. Clownfish? Yashas? Clown gobies? Will smaller gobies like green banded gobies or neons go for them? Love feeding live foods and never considered white worms before. Making sure I will have more than just one fish that would eat the supply if I raised them.

@Paul B Love the feeding tube!! Use tubes to isolate and feed corals and inverts, but typically trap them vertically.... why did it never occur to me to just lay it in the sand and let fish wander in??
My little tiny 1" long clown absolutely loves them.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have anything except for pipefish that does not eat whiteworms. Even my porcelain crabs eat them.

What do your pipefish eat exactly? Just Pods, and BBS?

Brien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea and I love your feeder. I need to make one of those too.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if marine Bettas will eat this?

I’ve only kept one and he ate worms yes. It did take him time though. He was watching other fish eat them which I believe he learned it was okay to eat.

-Zack

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far the white worms are still living in salt water after I dropped some in a little salt tank where I keep a few hundred asternia stars until I decide what to do with them. It's been 5 days. I am glad I found this out so you can put live white worms all over your reef tank and the fish can take all the time they like to find them. These should keep mandarins very healthy and well fed for a long time. I thought the worms only lived a few hours, but I was wro,,,,n,,,,,g, wro,,n,g,,, wrong

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whiteworms seem to live for about 5 days in salt water, just squirt them around the tank and the fish, shrimp and crabs can take their time looking for them.
If anyone lives near me I will give you a starter culture for free. Just don't get crazy, I am not giving away Grand marnier or anything like that. :rolleyes:

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whiteworms seem to live for about 5 days in salt water, just squirt them around the tank and the fish, shrimp and crabs can take their time looking for them.
If anyone lives near me I will give you a starter culture for free. Just don't get crazy, I am not giving away Grand marnier or anything like that. :rolleyes:

I’ll take you up in that offer. MR. Paul B .

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know when you want to pick some up.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, I will PM you my Phone number

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my white worms but went to places like Home Depot and Lowe’s and was not sure about what to buy for compost. They arrived with a page describing what to use but I did not find “compost” and it seemed like most of the soils had fertilizer. Should I assume organic and not stating fertilizer added is okay? I’m probably overthinking this and Paul will tell me to go grab a handful of dirt from my backyard and stop worrying. [emoji3]

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back