LiveAquaria JS2 Tubi J series Jellyfish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my LiveAquaria JS2 Tubi J series Jellyfish. This came with a voucher for 3 moon Jellies that you order once the tank is set up. This tank comes with the following:
20201230_190304.jpg

I found the zip lock bag of salt a little off putting, so I will instead use my personal favorite instead to keep all my tanks on the same octane.

The tank came with no instructions and the return pump is tiny however I am going to fight my inner urge to buy a better pump....
This is a view when you pop off the lid, the red dial is apparently if you want to turn down the flow even more, the tub is for the power cord for the pump which then runs out the bottom with the wire for the les light which is on the bottom.
20201230_190353.jpg

Comes with remote for led with many colors and intensity options which are pretty cool
20201230_190401.jpg

20201230_190415.jpg

I took some filter media from my big tank so I hope to get Jellies soon but want to ensure all is right first. Will post picture of Jellyfish when I get them.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looks pretty cool, can’t wait to see the jellies!

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the dry food it came with:
20201231_083648.jpg

I wish it said what it was. They have added instructions onto the product page saying mix it with water first. I plan on feeding mostly live food when the Jellies come but am going to do a test run with the included dry food today to see how well it truly stays suspended and for how long. Also I am interested to check out the current in the tank to make sure it appears to be working....

Krishna Ramaraju

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing how this progresses. I just noticed that LiveAquaria had their own Jellyfish Aquaria. I had a Jellyfish Art 5 gallon back in the day. I had the same experiences as most. I'd particularly be interested in seeing how water changes go on this. Best of luck!

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing how this progresses. I just noticed that LiveAquaria had their own Jellyfish Aquaria. I had a Jellyfish Art 5 gallon back in the day. I had the same experiences as most. I'd particularly be interested in seeing how water changes go on this. Best of luck!
I plan on trying to figure out a water change technique prior to sending in for them. Any advice would be appreciated.

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank has the following description:
LiveAquaria® J Series Jellyfish Aquarium Kit JS2 Tubi in Black includes:

• 4 gallons LA LiveAquaria® Professional Reef Salt
  • 8 oz FritzZyme 9 Live Nitrifying Bacteria
  • Instant Ocean Hydrometer
  • Acrylic Cleaning Sponge
  • Marine Stick-on Thermometer
  • San Francisco Bay Brand Brine Shrimp Hatchery
  • 6 gram San Francisco Bay Brand Brine Shrimp Eggs
  • 1 oz 300-500 micron Dry Jellyfish Food with Scoop
  • 3 Small Moon Jellyfish (Aurelia aurita) redeemable with voucher, shipped separately

J Series Jellyfish Aquarium Features:

• Dimensions: 8-1/4" x 8-1/4" x 15" high
  • 2 Gallon Capacity
  • Acrylic Construction
  • Filter Media (Black Filter Media Sponge and Bio Balls) Included
  • 3W, 74 gph Water Pump Included
  • 2.16W Adjustable LED Light (integrated into aquarium top) with Remote Control Included
However I did not receive Bio Balls, and only got 1 cup of salt so I reached out to Live Aquaria and then shipped me another baggie of salt and some Bio Balls:
LIVEAQUARIA.jpg

They also included another stick on Thermometer and brine shrimp eggs which I did not even realize I had not gotten before.

I do not plan on using the salt in my aquarium as I think a baggie of salt is suspicious but I will use in my brine shrimp hatchery.

Another thing to note they say the LED light is built into the aquarium top, but it is not it is built into the bottom.... It seems to work good on the bottom but just as a note.

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I noticed there was some odd salt creep on the lid of the aquarium that was in a line... I took a closer look and noticed it was in a line because there was a crack in the lid I had not noticed before today. I have not dropped the lid and have been very careful with it so I am thinking it came broke and I did not notice it until the salt pointed it out....

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I noticed there was some odd salt creep on the lid of the aquarium that was in a line... I took a closer look and noticed it was in a line because there was a crack in the lid I had not noticed before today. I have not dropped the lid and have been very careful with it so I am thinking it came broke and I did not notice it until the salt pointed it out....
Areyou going to call LA? Get a refund? Or are you just going to proceed regularly? Are the jellies still on their way?

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered my Jellyfish Wed 1/6 with the hope I would get them today Friday 1/8 and then have all weekend to baby them if needed....
Never got a shipping notice so contacted LiveAquaria apparently they sell this as a kit but do not actually have the Jellyfish in stock yet. They said they will notify me when they ship them....

I guess that is what I get for ordering this tank when it was first available, my advice to others would be to wait until LiveAquaria has some run time and really figures this out before ordering. Of course LA has made everything right so far so I would say their customer service has been great but it seems like there is some miscommunication between them and their vendors.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im honestly suprised by how small the tank is. Only 2 gallons?? That would make an awesome desktop tank! *I actually really love the hang-up ones that come in different shapes! Would make an awesome wall hangup*

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Areyou going to call LA? Get a refund? Or are you just going to proceed regularly? Are the jellies still on their way?
The lid is still functional and it just a piece of thin plastic since the light is actually in the bottom:
lid1.jpg

and the crack is not even visible until it gets some salt you can kind of see it on the left of the L:
lid2.jpg

I did not mind the LiveAquaria being on the lid but I think that made it weak...

But I do not know if I will even ask them about it, just a bit disappointed since is is the most expensive 2 gallon tank I have ever bought haha.

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im honestly suprised by how small the tank is. Only 2 gallons?? That would make an awesome desktop tank! *I actually really love the hang-up ones that come in different shapes! Would make an awesome wall hangup*
The size should allow me to move it occasionally to the kids room to use as a special night light...

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The size should allow me to move it occasionally to the kids room to use as a special night light...
That would make an EXCELLENT addition to any childs room. I'd buy it for mine if I had the money. If only they sold them at my LFS...

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received a call from LiveAquaria they have the Jellyfish in stock, there was just an issue with the order!
They said they can be shipped out on Monday to arrive Tuesday or let them know what day works the best.
In my experience their customer service has been top notch, things happen especially with everything going on but they have been very responsive and gone the extra mile to make everything right.

Hopefully I will have some Jellyfish to post pictures of on Tuesday.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back