LiveAquaria / UPS Saturday Delivery fail again.

Xjv152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else having shipment deliveries problems with LiveAquaria and UPS? Today will be the second shipment I have had
scheduled in the last 3 weeks for a Saturday delivery, and UPS has failed to deliver shipment. They deliver on Monday, very irritating
to say the least. Stay home Saturday so I can accept the shipment, that fails to arrive, then worry if the fish I ordered will be super stress.
I will not be requesting Saturday delivery anymore. LA comforts me with the comment that " your order is packed with 72 hours of oxygen"
that's great what about setting on the dock in 90 plus degree heat for 3 days?. Losing my faith with these company.

TedsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Saturday delivery before a holiday (which fell on the following Monday) and it was 4 days before I actually got the fish. 2 of the 3 died. LA honored their warranty on all of them. It's really out of their control and it all falls on UPS.

EDIT: I will say I was very upset that they refused to match the sale price I got on one of the fish that died when I immediately reordered.

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mention you PAID EXTRA for Saturday delivery... does that get refunded? I understand it’s not LAs fault (probably) but seems they could make a claim with the shipping company?

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two deliveries supposed to come. One showed up half healthy. A royal gramma and dead shrimp. My second delivery failed to show up came the next day and of course everything was dead. They also came from live aquaria and ups. Live aquaria paid me back but I paid a certain amount to get free shipping and I still don’t have my snails.

OP
OP
Xjv152

Xjv152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mention you PAID EXTRA for Saturday delivery... does that get refunded? I understand it’s not LAs fault (probably) but seems they could make a claim with the shipping company?
2 weeks ago on that failed shipment they refunded my $15 delivery fee for Saturday I'm sure they will on the ship might as well

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LiveAquaria as I understand is owned by Petco. might as well just get Petco to order corals for you. also I got a hammer from them once only cuz they did not know it was a hammer coral for 5 dollars and it looks like wwc quality ish..

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a few Saturday deliveries, and ups is always a problem!! Never had them delayed but always late!! If I get anything fedex it’s always on time or early!! I live in a city (nothing rural).

CollectOyster04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it's probably more UPS. I was gonna ask on here if most preferred using them when selling. Recently I went on a spending spree for my tank (thankfully dry goods). UPS was shipper of choice from those who I bought from. One purchase was sent needing a signature. As I was out of town, I made sure my wife was home to sign. The UPS driver never rang the doorbell, and left a "Sorry we missed you" sticker on the door. Gotta love technology, the whole thing was caught on our cameras, as he came to the door with sticker in hand, never had any intention on ringing the doorbell for a signature. They then proceeded to lose the box for two days while my wife attempted to pick it up from them. Same week, they lost packages for my company that they were never supposed to have tried to deliver to our shop. Took three days to find those packages. My wife and I cringe when we see it's UPS delivering any of our stuff.

OP
OP
Xjv152

Xjv152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a few Saturday deliveries, and ups is always a problem!! Never had them delayed but always late!! If I get anything fedex it’s always on time or early!! I live in a city (nothing rural).
I too have never had problems with FedEx. UPS must be giving LA and others, shipping costs that are little cost to them or in some cases probably no cost.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never schedule Saturday delivery. UPS runs most of their overnight deliveries through WorldPort in Louisville and this time of year flight delays are common due to thunderstorm activity. Blame them if you want .... mostly pointless, weather is what it is. Most LA shipments are packed to withstand an extra day. I always arrange my deliveries on a weekday other than Friday so that the next day is actually the next day.

I’d also suggest it common sense to not order sensitive live shipments during holidays, or particularly hot or cold weather.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 if my last 3 Sat shipments were delayed till the next week both sat in LA at the airport all weekend. No losses on arrival but both 100% after three weeks of not eating

Karl M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a coral shipment that was to be delivered Tuesday not make it till Wednesday. Mechanical delay was stated followed by not one but four different delivery times.
One DOA and three more soon to follow. UPS has dropped the ball several times not due to weather.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan of UPS either although they do alright where I live now but it has been a problem in the past at other addresses. They never knock or ring the bell even though the package says live fish and they put the arrows the wrong way sometimes.

FedEx has always been spot on.

USPS actually does really well with their overnight by 1030am deliveries in my area. The guy rings the bell and knocks too.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually use USPS when ever I can. They seem to be the most reliable for deliveries on time where I live at. Had many issues with UPS, none lately, and a lot with fedex.

USPS and UPS had to pick up the work load when fedex quit amazon. In which fedex may be the more dependable one now.

I think it just comes down to what area you live in and how close/busy the hubs are.

At my old house USPS was unreliable and UPS was always good.

Musclebai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a bummer.. personally I had trouble with FedEx... delivered about 3 coral shipments drenched wet..the worse case was missing packages in
side a box . obviously repacked by FedEx ..they delivered the missing pieces later on in the night...a bunch of dead and smelly corals. With uos ..I get to to see the live nap etc..I got the feeling the handled box3s rough

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last 2 Sat deliveries arrived on Monday. Never again. Even the LA rep recommended against Sat delivery. He says it’s a known problem from their CA facility with UPS.

OP
OP
Xjv152

Xjv152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last 2 Sat deliveries arrived on Monday. Never again. Even the LA rep recommended against Sat delivery. He says it’s a known problem from their CA facility with UPS.
Thanks for that information I know I will never do it again.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always do Saturday UPS delivery with LiveAquaria, and have never had an issue. Over a dozen orders

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back