LiveAquaria / UPS Saturday Delivery fail again.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it varies a lot from location to location. UPS is very dependable here M-F. On Saturday they've never completely missed the delivery or delayed it till Monday but it often is after noon when it arrives on Sat. M-F it's usually here by 9-9:30. Fed Ex is ok but not great. Haven't used them for a Sat delivery. USPS is pitiful here. Only livestock I've ever lost because of shipping issues has been from them.

OP
OP
Xjv152

Xjv152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order finally arrived at 10:32 AM Monday, not bad for a Saturday delivery date. Also appears UPS repacked the cooler in one of there boxes. Not sure what happened to the LA box, 2 of the 3 livestock DOA only survivor so far and time will tell if he lives is a starfish. Bag with tang was leaking so I am sure that is why UPS put the cooler inside plastic bag. Thanks to everyone who responded to my post.

Non LA box pic 1.jpg clam still in bag pic 2.jpg clam still in bag pic 3.jpg DOA CLAM Pic 2.jpg DOA Blue Caribbean Tang - Adult X Large.jpg LA open box.jpg

corky1966

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else having shipment deliveries problems with LiveAquaria and UPS? Today will be the second shipment I have had
scheduled in the last 3 weeks for a Saturday delivery, and UPS has failed to deliver shipment. They deliver on Monday, very irritating
to say the least. Stay home Saturday so I can accept the shipment, that fails to arrive, then worry if the fish I ordered will be super stress.
I will not be requesting Saturday delivery anymore. LA comforts me with the comment that " your order is packed with 72 hours of oxygen"
that's great what about setting on the dock in 90 plus degree heat for 3 days?. Losing my faith with these company.
Some areas don’t have Saturday delivery! Just saying I wanted a Saturday delivery from LA I didn’t realize it was for the next Saturday since I was on vacation I changed the delivery to Monday! I didn’t notice the date was the next Saturday not the one I wanted.

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not done a LA or DD shipment for a Saturday delivery in a while. I try to make it work to either be working from home or, take a week day off.

That said, I have developed a repertoire with my UPS guy. He's also a reef nut and always looks out for me. Now, he's just the local guy driving / delivering, and I can't speak for everyone in-between that handles the box before it gets to him, but I know that he's reliable.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not done a LA or DD shipment for a Saturday delivery in a while. I try to make it work to either be working from home or, take a week day off.

That said, I have developed a repertoire with my UPS guy. He's also a reef nut and always looks out for me. Now, he's just the local guy driving / delivering, and I can't speak for everyone in-between that handles the box before it gets to him, but I know that he's reliable.

That's cool.... I would give my UPS guy some frags if he was a fellow reefer looking out for my shipments :)

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it's probably more UPS. I was gonna ask on here if most preferred using them when selling. Recently I went on a spending spree for my tank (thankfully dry goods). UPS was shipper of choice from those who I bought from. One purchase was sent needing a signature. As I was out of town, I made sure my wife was home to sign. The UPS driver never rang the doorbell, and left a "Sorry we missed you" sticker on the door. Gotta love technology, the whole thing was caught on our cameras, as he came to the door with sticker in hand, never had any intention on ringing the doorbell for a signature. They then proceeded to lose the box for two days while my wife attempted to pick it up from them. Same week, they lost packages for my company that they were never supposed to have tried to deliver to our shop. Took three days to find those packages. My wife and I cringe when we see it's UPS delivering any of our stuff.
I have all incoming UPS shipments held at UPS for pickup. Tracked and always on time. No waiting for a driver. They can set it up for 6 month intervals. Mine is auto set up, been working it this way for the past two years without a problem. I pay extra to ship with UPS over the USPS.

Kyuss414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I ordered from LiveAquaria, the UPS driver showed up and literally threw the box marked "Handle with Care" and "Live Animals" in the air to flip it 180 degrees as he walked off the truck. Half the stuff was DOA, the rest died within 24 hours. LA did honor their warranty, but I'll never order again.

Derek siskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered corals and ups delivered them and I heard the truck pull up and as he walked up the driveway he was spinning the box and it clearly had live fish this side up on it, but they didn’t care and that is why I will no longer order any marine life online to be delivered.

OP
OP
Xjv152

Xjv152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I received my confirmation email from LiveAquaria,they are refunding the money for the dead fish and clam and the $15 shipping fee. But the catch is now they are keeping the money as a LiveAquaria credit not sure when that all started 3 weeks ago they credited back the $15 to the method of payment that I used for that purchase. For what it's worth LA that's a game-changer for me. Good way to chase off customers.

Screenshot_20190813-123407_Outlook.jpg

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to have been changing their policies almost weekly lately on just about everything. The other big one I saw was changing how the reward program works so that you have a limited amount of time to use the rewards or they expire. Basically if you don't consume no reward for you. If it wasn't for some of the rarer species I have trouble getting anywhere else I would be done with them at this point.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry UPS lost your shipment. LA was one of the last online stores to credit your card if a fish died, every other store I have used always issued a store credit. With only having to reach $99 for free shipping you never lose any money if something goes bad. As far as the rewards program I can almost bet an accountant along with tax laws brought that one into reality. The rule went from 12 months to 2 to 3 months

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a juvenile blue face angel from DD last night and declined the saturday shipment. After these testimonies and since it is 100 here everyday, I am not taking a chance. I can wait until Tuesday

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS sucks. I ordered my wife a present with next day air and it arrived a day late. The company I purchased from refunded the extra shipping amount.

OP
OP
Xjv152

Xjv152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a juvenile blue face angel from DD last night and declined the saturday shipment. After these testimonies and since it is 100 here everyday, I am not taking a chance. I can wait until Tuesday
Good choice

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, Saturday delivery is always a bad idea regardless of which carrier is used. All it takes is one delay or missed flight/truck and your animals are almost guaranteed to die. At least during the week a delay is likely not more than 24hrs.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they stopped selling regal angels on their main site too. Disappointing but understandable. I’m sure they were getting killed giving full cash refunds. Probably doesn’t make financial sense for them to sell delicate species on the main LA site.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not LiveAquarias fault..Blame UPS.
it's on UPS to make it happen if LA ships it as stated.
But the catch is now they are keeping the money as a LiveAquaria credit
UPS has its problems BUT LA has moved into a Economy shipping tier with UPS, its not the same service that was used before PETCO took over. I used to get my orders at 10;30 am like clockwork now they tell me it can be any time and up to 7;30 pm, My order arrived at 5:30 pm and at 90 degrees, I nursed the corals for two weeks but they died shortly after.
We are dealing with PETCO not DFS .....Biggest Bummer to Pet owners was loosing DFS:(

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS has its problems BUT LA has moved into a Economy shipping tier with UPS, its not the same service that was used before PETCO took over. I used to get my orders at 10;30 am like clockwork now they tell me it can be any time and up to 7;30 pm, My order arrived at 5:30 pm and at 90 degrees, I nursed the corals for two weeks but they died shortly after.
We are dealing with PETCO not DFS .....Biggest Bummer to Pet owners was loosing DFS:(

I don’t know about the shipping tiers, but that’s why I always do hold for pickup for every live animal delivery. I can always get my packages by 9am

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back