Livestock: Breaking the rules!

Marsh980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me:

1) Pyramid Butterflyfish in a mixed stocked reef - not a problem (so far)
2) Blue Throat Trigger, Flame Hawkfish and Marine Betta with CUC and shrimps - they couldn't be less bothered about them

*disclaimer, these are my fish and I know every fish has its own temperament and diet of choice haha

My biggest regret but still think I made the right decision was only getting one pair of clown fish for my 190 gallon tank with dimesions of 7x2x2. My 3yr old son wanted the 'nemos' but i wanted a more 'fancy' pair

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I have been in saltwater Copperbands have always gotten a bad wrap. Besides Feather Dusters and Aptaisia, mine never ate /picked on another coral.
Copperband 9-2013-R.jpg

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am two weeks in with a baby clown trigger in my mixed reef, so we will see how that goes or how long it lasts. My biggest concern is the three clams. Already had my multicolor angel pick on one of them and then mysteriously just stop. So far so good, but time will tell.

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 azure damsels in a 75, one pounded on the other constantly and especially when lights were all blues. Accidentally left the blue only LED on for a day.. the sub one got wailed on.. he healed. and they are now pals.. wondering if they might have paired off?

Have a 6 line got it used.. he was a model for the first year and now terrorizes everything except a Kole tang. He even goes after a mature yellow coris wrasse twice its size..

Mark Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG I’m super boring I wish I was more adventurous and went against the rules. Here is my fully stocked tank.
67048503-72CB-43E8-A437-91D7AB521C14.jpeg

There are 7 fish in there, do you see any? I don’t either. But by industry standard it packed.
Can I ask what is in the middle of your Xenia? love it

Robb1414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon and it is way overstocked but everybody gets along so well. My local LFS is always willing to take my livestock that are getting too big. Right now I have: Cooperband, two clowns, Valentini Puffer, 3 jaw fish, bicolor blenny, yellow tang, four eye butterfly, long nose butterfly, spot fin butterfly, royal gamma and a purple firefish. Everybody has been together for almost 5 months and no issues. I love a stocked tank. I also know that most of my guys will be traded at some point. But not my Copperband or Valentini Puffer - those are our "pets" for life! :)

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait nobody has a 6-line that isn’t a terror!
Jokes on you!!! I do!!! He gets along great with any and evry fish that isn't another wrasse. The only things he doesn't like are other wrasses, which is very typical of a wrasse lol. But otherwise, when he was in the tank with my clowns and gramma, he was actually the peacekeeper in the tank.

JustPoprocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two pairs of mated clowns in a 55, they don’t seem to bother each other been together a few months. Probably a time bomb but we will see.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait nobody has a 6-line that isn’t a terror!
Yep, 2 year old Sixline in a LPS/softie tank with a Yellow Tang, Occ Clownfish pair, Orchid Dottyback, Lawnmower Blennie, Hermit crab, Coral Banded Shrimp and various other inverts. Model citizen, gets on well with everyone. This is an older photo but the only one I can find with him (or her) in it.
CAC46955-CFDC-4585-917F-0AFE71C34A36.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back