OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have more than 5 antenna? Or less than 5?
Just spent 5 minutes looking at the one in the big hole which is more like 5- 6 mm wide at the top and 2- 3 mm at bottom wide now i look at it closer and its hard to make out how many antenna as he literally in same place for hours and only twitches every now and then.i can definately see 3 so would be safe to say least 4 but could look like it got 6 when it switches but honestly it so fast i cant make out sorry

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The little black bug is probably an octopod? I can't spell the name... Its harmless. As long as the worm isn't exactly 5 antenna, I wouldn't worry too much. It probably eats pods though.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok @Mibu @vetteguy53081 one videos finished uploading on youtube and managed to get video of one these what i think is a kind of pod but if it is i dont know what kind but my knowledge isnt great and there 1000's of pods in the sea right ha ha
But looks unusual with what looks like big bright white eyes or white body parts and not sure if this video or next one im waiting on shows one in the right hole alot smaller than one that comes briefly out the hole for a second.
Knowing my luck the one that not moving be a queen and cant move and just makes babies all day long and the babies are very bad boys ha ha

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly, keep an eye on the lobo. I have no idea what the things are. Very interesting. I don't think they are pests. If they wanted to eat the coral. They would have started.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, keep an eye on the lobo. I have no idea what the things are. Very interesting. I don't think they are pests. If they wanted to eat the coral. They would have started.
Funny you say if they wanted to eat it they would of started.look the first 10 seconds off this it looks like the 2 bright white things are actually inside it or on outside its body so maybe already started eating the lobo,and this is on smallest one in right hole and still dont know if same as the one in the big hole as the bugger not moving

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok last video finally loaded for context as ampripod walks on screen. @Mibu
And this revive is just like a health dip for coral or will kill pests ?
Maybe can find time to go to an lfs to get some tommorrow after mrs finishes work as looking after baby till then.need more epoxy also as will have to snap lobo off rocks to dip it in revive and used last of epoxy last night trying to get lobo hanging off edge lol

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revive won't hurt the coral at all. Everything else will die.
Ok great thanks.will see if can find time to get to lfs in next day or 2.but if these little bugs whatever they are did this then i guess they can do again unless they all inside lobo and revive kills them all,as if any are on rocks the cycle starts again but revive is good thing to have on hand anyway so will try my best as once go on holiday in 5 days ,if coral starts to die my mrs mum feeding tank and i kbow for a fact she wont put her hand in tank to try save it as shown her to many videos about bugs like these and big bobbit worms in tanks so she gets shivers she says just looking at the tank lol
Anyway thankyou for all your help.its 1.42 am now ( didnt realise time ) and up at 7.30 in morning so signing off for now. Thankyou all.
If i ever get clear video of the big thing in big hole or if comes out in a dip then i will post it here

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only coral dip i own is this one.
Would this do same job as revive you think or revive better?
Saying thay this lobo and all corals got dipped in this so not did job right and amount of spagghetti worms,ampripods,some isopods,spirobod worms and them other worms with 2 antenna that sounds like spirobod worms all got in tank using this dip.
Think only thing it actually killed was a kind of star fish lol so pretty sure i answered my own question ^_^

Attachments

• 20210901_014554.jpg
    20210901_014554.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210901_014632.jpg
    20210901_014632.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like water spiders I have the creeps now. Never seen things like that.
I hope your wrong about sea spiders and if you right i hope to dear god they dont grow as big as these guys ^_^

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-015611_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-015611_Google.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 38

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Only coral dip i own is this one.
Would this do same job as revive you think or revive better?
Saying thay this lobo and all corals got dipped in this so not did job right and amount of spagghetti worms,ampripods,some isopods,spirobod worms and them other worms with 2 antenna that sounds like spirobod worms all got in tank using this dip.
Think only thing it actually killed was a kind of star fish lol so pretty sure i answered my own question ^_^
If you used that dip on the lobo, and they are still there. Revive should kill them. I'll read about it again.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This is a thread on best dips. I don't know if you can get bayer insecticide in your area. Rev, posted a thread on how to use it.

Kaboobie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that they are most likely both some type of amphipod. They may in fact be two separate species considering one of them is at least somewhat motile while the other appears to stay relatively stationary. To the best of my knowledge, the vast majority of amphipods are not harmful and likely have just moved into those existing holes near the base of the coral. I would be surprised if they are in contact with the actual flesh of the coral at all considering the location of the holes. The more motile ones are likely feeding primarily on copepods. While the less motile is just grabbing whatever floats by copepods detritus algae etc...

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just fed some fresh oyster to the tank and noticed some filaments coming from flesh of lobo.
I did think was part of oyster but after remembering about another thread saying exact same thing and saying can be stinging nearby corals,feeding response or a stressed coral.so im hoping it a feeding response and not stressed from " potentially getting eating from inside out "

Edit: i noticed it puffed up more than usual, even on inside piece around the mouth then noticed the filamentous stuff but its not as puffed up now ( 1 hour after feeding oysters) and doesnt seem to be as many filamemts coming out the flesh.

And still that creature/critter wont show his face in the biggest hole lol

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back