LoCo Reef Aquaforest Ocean Guard 275 Cube

GDiaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Merry Christmas to me!​

Ok, maybe more like Happy New Year, but either way it looks like I have some work a head of me in the coming days. My wife completed my wish list for this tank.
  • Kessil A360X Tuna Blue with WiFi mount and dongle
  • RedSea Reef Wave 25
  • RedSea Dose 4
  • Apex AFS Feeder
IMG_1528.JPEG IMG_1530.JPEG
Looking promising

OP
OP
swormke

swormke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dosing Setup​

I want to keep the footprint of the tank as small as possible so I had to get creative with the dosing containers and pumps. I am using the RedSea ReefDose 4 because they are more compact that many of the other pumps out there, and I had my nephew 3-D print me a 4-bottle 500ml VOSS water bottle holder and custom caps. I added some John Guest bulkhead fittings and acrylic tubes inside the bottle, and made sure that the tubes didn't go all the way to the bottom to avoid sucking up any particulate or chunks if there is any precipitation in the bottles of the additives.

I think they turned out great and I love the way they look when installed. I found out that you can scrub the VOSS labels off the bottles with a green Scotchbrite pad for a super clean look. I did one of the, but will do the others before I fill them with fluid.

I haven't added the tubing yet, but thought I'd share the setup and update later with the tubing install.

IMG_1631.JPEG IMG_1629.JPEG IMG_1633.JPEG IMG_1645.jpeg

xsnys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the detail you put into this build thread. Def will be following along!

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had an oceanguard 275 since about September. Overall I love my tank but it seems that I cannot keep water level stable. It will be fine for a day, then ato overfills, diluting salinity. It is not a deal-breaker for me, but I was wondering if you have had any issues with water level ato. I have tunze osmolator with control box dialed back to lowest setting.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back