Long time follower, new member

Zoolife xD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
My name is Wesley. I am from Tampa Florida, I have been feeding for about 3 years now,and have been a follower of reef 2 reef for quite some time now. I'm about a week away from moving to Houston and decided that with the move I would upgrade my 29 gallon mixed reef to a 55 gallon corner reef ready setup. I figured that this may be a great time to join and start a thread on how I manage the move and the new setup.

Thanks, Wesley

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4d2455c882b211c5709b0b0af88d1cfb.jpg

OP
OP
Zoolife xD

Zoolife xD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I kinda fell behind on posting for the tank, with the move came a new job and lots of other little issues to handle. Overall the move went quite well. I'd like to give a shout out to marine warehouse aquarium in Tampa for bagging up my fish and some of my corals for the move, everything the bagged made the 19 hour trip with very minimal stress. The rest of my live rock and permanently attached corals made the move in storage tubs with attached air pumps to keep the water moving. Once i got into Houston the tank went up right away with no problems, everything working, but i made one mistake, I trusted the local fish store I got salt water from and after adding the 20 some odd gallons of water I brought with me and adding the other 40 or so gallons of new salt water I purchased from them, my specific gravity was sitting at 1.020. This ended up upsetting my Tree leather who died back to about two thirds its original size, needless to say it is a lesson learned, I will never not test before adding to my system again. After slowly correcting the specific gravity the leather is on the recovery and everyone else in the tank is happy, sadly i broke my phone in the move so i have few pictures to show for all of the setup and the harm to the coral but I will post what pictures I have over the next day or so. All in all it was a stressful move but not nearly as bad as I feared it would turn out to be.

Thanks for following along,
Wesley

OP
OP
Zoolife xD

Zoolife xD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some pictures of what the tank used to look like as a 29 gallon before the move, a picture of the new 54 gallon tank empty and then how it looks as if today
1028161545_HDR.jpg
0529171723.jpg
Resized_20170708_101017.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back