Longtime reader first-time poster

ccaplinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a longtime reader on Reef2Reef, but never registered or posted, but after a complete tank loss last week I thought it was time to be more involved in the hobby and do what I can to help new reefers skip some of the learning curve and avoid some of the mistakes I've made along the way. We have several freshwater tanks in our house, but I decided to jump into saltwater about a year and a half ago with a Fluval Evo 13.5 and it's been great aside from the tragedy that occurred Friday. I'll do a separate post about that later. I've really enjoyed learning about reef-keeping and the it's amazing how great the community is. There are so many helpful people that have helped me skip their mistakes and make my own. Hopefully I can extend the same courtesy to more newcomers along the way.

IMG_4984.JPG IMG_5076.JPG

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Beautiful tank and sorry to hear about your tragedy... I'm pretty sure I seen your post in a social media group about what happened, it's a lot more friendly and laid back here!! Plus you'll get endless help and knowledge

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
ccaplinger

ccaplinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Beautiful tank and sorry to hear about your tragedy... I'm pretty sure I seen your post in a social media group about what happened, it's a lot more friendly and laid back here!! Plus you'll get endless help and knowledge
Yeah, that post really blew up. Luckily most people were pretty nice, but some people were commenting that I should have had everyone on an Apex which is an insane investment for a 13.5g tank as a first tank. I'd be willing to guess every one of them grew into their Apex and didn't buy that on day 1 or for a nano tank. Anywho...thanks for the welcome!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back