Looking for 24v ideas with EB832 ports

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have (2) Apex EB832 power modules hooked up to my system. One is located in the garage and runs my sump, fuge, etc equipment. The other is located under my tank and controls my lighting. I have the Neptune 24v solenoid that I am thinking of using to stop my RODI filter when my reservoir reaches its max. I also have a LED I temporarily hooked up under my tank that lets me know when the ATO kicks on.

I bought the proper Molex connectors and crimper so I can wire up lights, etc to the onboard 24v ports.

Looking for ideas from anyone on what I could use these for.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I attached a loud 24VDC piezo buzzer to one, and then programmed it to go off when my rather anemic Display alarm goes off, with an OSCillating pattern to help wake me up.
A strip of red LEDs attached to another and the back of the tank, which turns on and reflects off the back wall when either a minor or major alarm condition is active.
On another two, there are a topoff pump and a topoff solenoid, running the same code. If the pump were to fail in the on position (somehow), the solenoid might still function normally.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- 24V computer fans to cool the tank
- LED sump lights
- Alarm buzzer
- PMUP (I know, that's obvious)
- 24-12V DC converter to power the more-reliable Tunze pump
- 24V dosing pump
- Solenoid (could be used for ATO, refilling the ATO reservoir, Auto water change, controlling RO/DI filter)

U

User1

View Badges
I attached a loud 24VDC piezo buzzer to one, and then programmed it to go off when my rather anemic Display alarm goes off, with an OSCillating pattern to help wake me up.
A strip of red LEDs attached to another and the back of the tank, which turns on and reflects off the back wall when either a minor or major alarm condition is active.
On another two, there are a topoff pump and a topoff solenoid, running the same code. If the pump were to fail in the on position (somehow), the solenoid might still function normally.

I'm not sure why but your post actually made me giggle. I really liked the red LED nugget. I mean that is pretty dang smart and clearly visible that something needs attention, right?

U

User1

View Badges

Edit - do you have a post/thread that shows how you have the led strip connected or how it works? I'm wondering if I could adapt a set of Cree red led's that I have to use as a algae / turf scrubber light or a refugium light.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit - do you have a post/thread that shows how you have the led strip connected or how it works? I'm wondering if I could adapt a set of Cree red led's that I have to use as a algae / turf scrubber light or a refugium light.

Credit to another forum member who detailed the idea in a thread that I can't find at the moment.

This is the LED strip light I used. Attach one of these connectors to it. Then wire that to this cable which then plugs into the EB832.
Program the outlet to follow your alarm outlets. Or program it directly for only certain alarm conditions.

[AlertLight]
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output Notifier = ON Then ON
If Output DisplayAlarm = ON Then ON

IMG_6196b.jpg

If you had the 24VDC outlets to spare, you could use 2 and wire two sets of LEDs, one in red for major alarms, and the other in yellow or warm white for minor issues.

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Credit to another forum member who detailed the idea in a thread that I can't find at the moment.

This is the LED strip light I used. Attach one of these connectors to it. Then wire that to this cable which then plugs into the EB832.
Program the outlet to follow your alarm outlets. Or program it directly for only certain alarm conditions.

[AlertLight]
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output Notifier = ON Then ON
If Output DisplayAlarm = ON Then ON

IMG_6196b.jpg

If you had the 24VDC outlets to spare, you could use 2 and wire two sets of LEDs, one in red for major alarms, and the other in yellow or warm white for minor issues.

Thank you. I actually have everything to test this with. Just checked my parts junk drawer ;)

Different LED strip (RGB) though but I'll be able to test this for sure. Thank you very much for the post. Not sure if it will end up working with a turf scrubber idea but I do like the visible you have a problem Scotty alert light :)

Edit: Pretty tank btw.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back