Looking for a storage solution for RO/DI water

simplicity

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2021
Messages
64
Reaction score
41
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 15 gallon nano and now and I'm mentally figuring out the water situation. I am going to likely set up the RO/DI filters directly under the sink, and add a water storage container to the right of the sink, as you can see in the picture. The space is 25" wide x 22.5" deep x 20" tall. What I am envisioning is a plastic food-grade container with a wide lid. I run the RO/DI output to it (keep the lid loose so it lets pressure out. I'll set up a float valve somehow to prevent overflow. Then I'll have a pump of some sort to get water out of the container into buckets. Does this sound ok or am I missing something?
 
81ED07EC-04DD-4AE3-AFF5-D2B065E8E7F1_1_105_c.jpeg
 
5 gallon bucket would work fine, I use these and I run a 15 gallon as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new