Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a fish that meets these requirements:

1) Eats a variety of algae
2) Reef safe
3) Fits in a 100g display tank
4) Easy to care for and hardy
5) Gets along with clownfish, lawnmower blenny, and royal gramma

It seems most tangs don't fit #3 and #4, most foxfaces don't fit #3, and most dwarf angels don't fit #2. Is this right?

I'm thinking about a Kole tang, but I think they just eat a very specific kind of algae, and my lawnmower blenny already eats that sort.

Anything I'm missing?

OP
OP
sixline

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank? You are not as limited on tangs as some people may believe, but that also doesn’t mean be reckless.

41" long x 27.5″ deep x 25” high.

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the Lawnmower Blenny suggestion. Mine is a workhorse. I have a coral beauty that has been doing a good job on GHA, she has not messed with my corals as of yet.

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I inferred from the list of characteristics that OP already had a lawnmower blennie. I don't know how well multiples do together....

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I inferred from the list of characteristics that OP already had a lawnmower blennie. I don't know how well multiples do together....
They don't I tried.

Molly Miller blenny- tank bred, real characters, you can add a couple with no problems. Won't grow too big and aren't poop machines like tangs.

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish our LB was a workhorse. Only time he does his job is when he’s eaten all the tangs nori and algae sheets He’s funny as hell though and he’s one of our favorites ❤️

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish our LB was a workhorse. Only time he does his job is when he’s eaten all the tangs nori and algae sheets He’s funny as hell though and he’s one of our favorites ❤
Mine won’t touch anything else. No algae sheets, wafers, nothing. He just swims around eating the algae of glass, wave makers and rock.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 100g and a Kole AND a LM Blenny... my wife wants to add a blue tang and that's where I had to draw the line ;)

Chewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have acclimated a marble molly from brackish water from lps ( local pet shop)
Over a 5 hour period now at salinity of 1.026 for over a year the Molly loves the algae of all types but red hair. You will never see a fatty molly like that from eating algae. It gets along great with every fish and is reef safe best transformation I can say works great.

image.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back