Looking for corals in Kissimmee/Orlando

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then, I would add a basic controller like the Apex jr. or the reefkeeper lite. The reefkeeper is super cheap compared to the Apex, and you can expand on either when needed. It will add one more layer of control and safekeeping which equates to success.

OP
OP
saltwater newby

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then, I would add a basic controller like the Apex jr. or the reefkeeper lite. The reefkeeper is super cheap compared to the Apex, and you can expand on either when needed. It will add one more layer of control and safekeeping which equates to success.
I do have a nice piece of rock that I took out from my system because I wanted more of an open look. Can I throw it in my sump?? It's been in my garage for months now. It's sitting in an empty aquarium

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a nice piece of rock that I took out from my system because I wanted more of an open look. Can I throw it in my sump?? It's been in my garage for months now. It's sitting in an empty aquarium

I would not, because it'll make you have another cycle. Ammonia then nitrite will add to more nitrate. Get a tub, and find an old pump and cycle it for at least a month.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with 2lb, per gallon of water capacity. You've got 75 in the tank +/- what rock you've got, plus the water volume in the sump.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back