Looking for Guides

CrunchAttack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Gang!

I've been out of the hobby for over a decade but am excited to get back in! My 10 gallon nano is just about cycled, and while I figure out how to quarantine everything I'd love for some recommendations for inhabitants.
My sand bed ranges from 1-3 inches and I will be looking to feature a few corals.

Corals: I only ran starburst polyps back in the day, so I have very limited knowledge here. Euphyllias are what I'd like to feature.

Fish: I'd like one-to-three fish. I like clowns, chromis, and would like to add some sort of guy that cruises around the sand. Is it ok to do one of each? Are there other combos y'all would recommend that split the habitats up nicely?

Critters: I like the critters just as much as the fish. Any recommended builds out there for a nano coral tank? I had a cool looking nudibranch back in the day, are those still kosher?

Thanks for the love!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey, Gang!

I've been out of the hobby for over a decade but am excited to get back in! My 10 gallon nano is just about cycled, and while I figure out how to quarantine everything I'd love for some recommendations for inhabitants.
My sand bed ranges from 1-3 inches and I will be looking to feature a few corals.

Corals: I only ran starburst polyps back in the day, so I have very limited knowledge here. Euphyllias are what I'd like to feature.

Fish: I'd like one-to-three fish. I like clowns, chromis, and would like to add some sort of guy that cruises around the sand. Is it ok to do one of each? Are there other combos y'all would recommend that split the habitats up nicely?

Critters: I like the critters just as much as the fish. Any recommended builds out there for a nano coral tank? I had a cool looking nudibranch back in the day, are those still kosher?

Thanks for the love!
Thompson goby or diamond back goby for the sand

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the sand-dwellers, I would recommend a wheeler goby and a red banded snapping shrimp, they form an awesome symbiotic relationship where the goby keeps watch and the shrimp digs a hole in the sand for them to hide in.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! As far as sessile invertebrates go, I'd recommend rock flower anemones. They are much easier than most nems, and are still somewhat cheap when compared to most corals. I would recommend against the chromis, as they are a little on the large side for a 10 gallon, can act mean, and are prone to disease. Other than that, your fish list looks good. I wish you luck on your reefing adventure, and I hope that this helps!

Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I’m glad you joined. Have a tight top?
I think there’s enough a lot of fun in a small watchman goby pistol shrimp combo. pom pom crabs are nice.
Embarrassing very colorful clue polyps that are making the rounds right now for not too much money and Duncan are a good starter LPS. Best of luck stay in touch

6F3B0F6F-1842-46DE-86D8-ADB2E9E66BDD.gif

huntersrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Gang!

Thanks for the love!
It all depends on how big your tank is, I like a diamond back watchman goby, they have great coloration and it’s fun to watch them stir the sand. Depending on the size of your tank chromis might not be a great option, if I am not mistaken they are a schooling fish so they prefer Atleast 3 of their kind. A clown is perfect for any nano tank in my opinion. That’s just my two cents

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back