• Unlikely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gavin Automata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 3 months ago, I started my new 24g saltwater tank and things have been going great, and one of the first fish i added was a Tail-spot Blenny, he has always been extremely healthy and well fed as I have a fern like macro growing he always snacks on, he at first was very shy but soon after was very social and always out, but Thursday night was the last time I've seen him, and I need some opinions of what could have happened.

Thursday night, he was chilling in one of his favorite places right before I went to bed, in the morning when I turn my lights on, I can't find him, I assume he's in a small cave he hides in from time to time. I get home, still missing, and now it's Saturday night.

I have tried the following:
Spot feeding into the cave area to entice him out
Lifting all my rock to see if he was killed and drug under
shifting a lot of sand
checking the entire proximity around my tank
Water testing (found no ammonia spike)

And haven't found a body. My thing is, I have a completely, 100% enclosed glass lid, jumping out would have only been able to have happened during feeding time which I had seem him after on Thursday, so what are the odds that my clean up completely demolished his body within the 8ish hours i was sleeping? He was nearly max size and as stated, well fed and thick. I have a skunk cleaner shrimp, a peppermint shrimp 4 blue leg hermits, 2 turbo snails, 4 spiny astreas, and a few nassarius that I don't keep tabs on for obvious reasons, and if you want to count pistol shrimp since they will eat about anything including algae and ect.

Anyone think it's possible that he died in a perfectly stable tank and was completely cleaned up in 8 hours with the listed above? Open to any other ideas, i want to hope he's alive and chilling in the cave for one reason or another.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 Hours? Body was probably gone in 2 hours. CUC and bristle worms are fast workers.

OP
OP
Gavin Automata

Gavin Automata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 Hours? Body was probably gone in 2 hours. CUC and bristle worms are fast workers.
Dang really? First experience I've had with a (presumed) fish death in saltwater. That's crazy. Guess I'll try again because he was one of my favorites.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back