Looking for Paul B’s book

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to get Cristie Brinkly to read it as an audio book. To me anyway. :rolleyes:

I say we grab some bats, start at that nursing home and do a targeted search from there. Need to go old school.

upload_2019-4-23_18-30-55.gif

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff Kurtz
Co-Founder, Editor
Jeff Kurtz is a freelance writer/editor living in Northwest Ohio with his wife and two teenage children. He is the co-founder and editor of Saltwater Smarts, former senior consulting editor for Tropical Fish Hobbyist Magazine, and the editor for Healthy Living News. Over the years, Jeff, formerly known as “The Salt Creep,” has contributed numerous feature articles to TFH Magazine as well as other aquarium-hobby publications. He has also authored several books for TFH Publications, including The Simple Guide to Marine Aquariums, The Simple Guide to Mini-Reef Aquariums, The Saltwater Aquarium Problem Solver, and Clownfishes and Other Damsels.

Jeff has been an aquarium hobbyist for over 30 years and is an avid SCUBA diver. His current setup is a 125-gallon reef. He has occasionally been known to dabble in freshwater aquariums, as well. In addition to his involvement in the aquarium hobby, Jeff is half of the musical duo The Kurtz Brothers, who perform around the Toledo area.

https://www.facebook.com/Kurtz-Brothers-1680786942160830/

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious why Paul B didn’t just publish it himself instead of using them ‍♂️[emoji848].

I say re-publish it and charge double now [emoji48]. I’ll still buy it. I’ll pay triple for the audio book [emoji28].

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I decided to write a book, they contacted me and said they could publish it and they knew how. I knew nothing about publishing and didn't know that Amazon will print books as they are ordered and ship them.
Now I know all of that but they won't let me print it until I get permission from the last publishers. I hope to get it soon.
I have my copy and still read it to see if I still believe myself. :rolleyes:

81OblerMWFL._AC_UL640_QL65_.jpg

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I decided to write a book, they contacted me and said they could publish it and they knew how. I knew nothing about publishing and didn't know that Amazon will print books as they are ordered and ship them.
Now I know all of that but they won't let me print it until I get permission from the last publishers. I hope to get it soon.
I have my copy and still read it to see if I still believe myself. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't. :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got the guys phone number and I called him. No answer so I left a message. I will keep calling

Thank you for continuing to pursue this Paul - we're cheering for you! I, along with many others, appreciate your insights and I look forward to reading your book and adding it to my bookshelves.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure how to re-publish the thing and am not sure if I could find all of the original manuscripts. I called them three times and left messages, but so far ,nothing. I am still trying. Maybe I will send smoke signals.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you need a ouija board :eek:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just called again and left a message. I think I will call back Amazon and see if there is anything I can do.
I have the manuscripts (I think) but they put in the pictures and cover so I may have to re do that.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Christy Brinkley available for the new cover? :eek:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will go see her today. :rolleyes:

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just called again and left a message. I think I will call back Amazon and see if there is anything I can do.
I have the manuscripts (I think) but they put in the pictures and cover so I may have to re do that.

Paul - if you need a publisher’s help let me know as I’ve been working with Wiley on a book and can connect you with the guy heading the project if you want.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Thanks, that sounds cool. I found the manuscripts from chapter four on. But so far I can't find the first 3 chapters. Amazon has the entire thing so if I can convince them to just print the thing again, that would be the best thing.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like my book may be out again soon. I want to read it in case I forgot what I said. The guy publishing it, (Chris) got in touch with me and he thinks he figured out how I can get it in print again.
I have to re-submit the entire thing to Amazon and with his help and a few hours of computing, I should be able to do it.
It has been a few years since I wrote it so I may add another chapter if I can. I am not sure if I can do that but I may try. I also want it in a E Book and a paper book.
Maybe I will have it in a leather bound, hard cover like "War and Peace". Or maybe not.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%

Back