Looking for recommendations on small form factor skimmers

JonahDeMarco

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2022
Messages
37
Reaction score
17
Location
Lakeland
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new c-vue 45 AIO that I'm cycling, and would like to find a skimmer that will fit in the small space provided in the sump area. I will link a photo of each baffles dimensions. I've seen a lot of people recomend the tunze 9004, and while I know it's a great skimmer I've heard issues with in in aio's specifically since it has an overflow style intake it doesn't do very well in close quarters/confined areas. I do have a osmolator ATO so putting a slightly larger skimmer in the larger return compartment would be an option.
Secondly, i want to have the skimmer not protrude higher than the tank it's self, as I'm going for a clean aesthetic in a living room display and would rather not have a cup of brown muck sitting g on top of the tank. The tank is 19" tall so I'm looking for a skimmer that's shorter than that.

Filtration_45g_1000x1000_6701df6d-d871-45bf-967f-813e40e63db9_1024x1024.jpg
 
I do not know if this will help but, Marine Depot did some videos on Will It Fit, you may get lucky.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new