Looking for some feedback on my scape....

OP
OP
HD_Reefer

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm struggling with height....every time I add more height, I end up hating the rest of it. Any suggestions on where to increase it?

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move the center isolated island up or out of the tank. Build up the left side structure so that the right side goes up and to the right. Just an idea. I take mine apart and piece them back together like a kid with legos.

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally!! Ive found someone who did a NSA scape!! I like how the formations are close together yet have good flow through them. It looks amazing bro, totally jealous

OP
OP
HD_Reefer

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move the center isolated island up or out of the tank. Build up the left side structure so that the right side goes up and to the right. Just an idea. I take mine apart and piece them back together like a kid with legos.
How far below the waterline would you take it?

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far below the waterline would you take it?
Kinda hard to tell. Rockwork looks to end at about the halfway of the waterline height? No more than 1/4 of the way down would be the highest I would go so corals can expand. What types of corals will you have? If SPS dominant you may want to give corals more room to grow upwards. At the end of the day when this is finally packed with corals, no one will know exactly where rock ends and coral begins anyways.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I’d elevate that scape a lil ,.... maybe cop that flat bottomed dry rock and marco cement some sorta vertical artwork, arches, et ////
what cement did you use?

OP
OP
HD_Reefer

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda hard to tell. Rockwork looks to end at about the halfway of the waterline height? No more than 1/4 of the way down would be the highest I would go so corals can expand. What types of corals will you have? If SPS dominant you may want to give corals more room to grow upwards. At the end of the day when this is finally packed with corals, no one will know exactly where rock ends and coral begins anyways.
Yep, for the most part, its right at the midway point. My initial thought was to stop there since I planned on having a lot of SPS and was afraid to go any higher since the lights would cook the LPS it it was higher.

After looking at it, I think there is some room to raise it in the middle section. I'll play around with that tonight and see what I can come up with. Thanks for your feedback!

smol_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From a balance perspective, would you raise one of the side vs the middle?
Personally I prefer a less symmetrical look so that it's more natural. I'd go with raising one of the sides. Really love what you have though!

OP
OP
HD_Reefer

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I think I'm finally settled on the final version. Made some changes and raise some of it up a bit. Take a look and give me your thoughts on this version.

IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg
IMG_0108.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back