Looking for the right Wrasse

Hunchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, new here. i set up a 40-gallon Aquatop it is currently Cycling my Chocolate clown is in QT. I'm researching Wrasse's to put into my reef tank later down the road. I'm looking at the disappearing wrasse from Marine Collectors.
(There description of the fish)

Disappearing Wrasse
(Cirrhilabrus earlei)
Minimum Tank Size: 30
Care Level: Moderate/Intermediate
Temperament: Semi- Aggressive
Reef Compatible: Yes
Water conditions: Temp 72-78F, pH 7.8-8.5, Salinity 1.022-1.026
Maximum Size: 3"
Diet: Carnivore
Origin: Hawaii, Red Sea
Family: Labridae

I like it for the tank size his overall size and reef safe compatibility. I plan on having a blue Sapphire damselfish. a lawnmower blenny the chocolate clown a Royal Gramma and a wrasse. so, it only being 3 in in length is awesome for my smaller size tank.

So, my question is, is the Disappearing wrasse good for tank pests like flatworms, red bugs, nudibranchs stuff like that. I was told at my LFS to just buy one of their 6 lines, but they are bigger fish blah blah blah Pluss I also really like the color of the Disappearing wrasse more than the 6 line. Not the whole reason i want him over the 6 line but a factor for me, nonetheless. Also does the disappearing wrasse eat things like snails and small hermits? are there any fish in my stocking list like the royal gramma that he would just totally hate?? or other fish that these types of fish will be aggressive towards based on color size and or shape?
Also, My LFS told me that Blue sapphire damselfish are also good for eating flatworms and small bugs. If this is true I would love to hear from more people other than my LFS b4 just buying something they tell me too haha.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

And to cover some questions that might be asked I am going to have a custom kraken reef lid. I'm going bear bottom for better flow. plus, I don't like sand for many reasons. I have 35ish pounds of aquascape rock in the DT providing some places between the glass and the rock underneath and caves and negative space overhangs and what not for good territories for the fish ect.

I do NOT plan on adding the wrasse tell much later probably the last main addition to the tank or 2nd to last if my tank is stable and doing great but definitely b4 I start adding in any corals.

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, new here. i set up a 40-gallon Aquatop it is currently Cycling my Chocolate clown is in QT. I'm researching Wrasse's to put into my reef tank later down the road. I'm looking at the disappearing wrasse from Marine Collectors.
(There description of the fish)

Disappearing Wrasse
(Cirrhilabrus earlei)
Minimum Tank Size: 30
Care Level: Moderate/Intermediate
Temperament: Semi- Aggressive
Reef Compatible: Yes
Water conditions: Temp 72-78F, pH 7.8-8.5, Salinity 1.022-1.026
Maximum Size: 3"
Diet: Carnivore
Origin: Hawaii, Red Sea
Family: Labridae

I like it for the tank size his overall size and reef safe compatibility. I plan on having a blue Sapphire damselfish. a lawnmower blenny the chocolate clown a Royal Gramma and a wrasse. so, it only being 3 in in length is awesome for my smaller size tank.

So, my question is, is the Disappearing wrasse good for tank pests like flatworms, red bugs, nudibranchs stuff like that. I was told at my LFS to just buy one of their 6 lines, but they are bigger fish blah blah blah Pluss I also really like the color of the Disappearing wrasse more than the 6 line. Not the whole reason i want him over the 6 line but a factor for me, nonetheless. Also does the disappearing wrasse eat things like snails and small hermits? are there any fish in my stocking list like the royal gramma that he would just totally hate?? or other fish that these types of fish will be aggressive towards based on color size and or shape?
Also, My LFS told me that Blue sapphire damselfish are also good for eating flatworms and small bugs. If this is true I would love to hear from more people other than my LFS b4 just buying something they tell me too haha.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

And to cover some questions that might be asked I am going to have a custom kraken reef lid. I'm going bear bottom for better flow. plus, I don't like sand for many reasons. I have 35ish pounds of aquascape rock in the DT providing some places between the glass and the rock underneath and caves and negative space overhangs and what not for good territories for the fish ect.

I do NOT plan on adding the wrasse tell much later probably the last main addition to the tank or 2nd to last if my tank is stable and doing great but definitely b4 I start adding in any corals.
It will eat small invertebrates including pyramidellid snails, flatworms and bristleworms. But,Wrasses are known jumpers so you have cover the aquarium top. Still every fish is different so it may or may not eat flatworms....

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back