Looking to buy quarantined fish.

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an extensive fish list. Because of the quantity of fish, and order I wish to add (slowly); I don't want to quarantine them myself. I've reached out to two of the highly suggested quarantine ready fish providers and cannot get responses from either. I won't name or shame, but after 30 days of sending follow-ups and getting no responses I'm ready to move on.

Anyone have advice on where to look or am I going to have to setup a quarantine tank?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it helps but below is the list (two tanks):
190 gallon Red Sea Reefer:

Coris Wrasse
Sixline Wrasse
Dusky Wrasse
Reef safe angels (need advice) - 1-3
Jawfish
sand sifting Goby + shrimp
Starry/snowflake blenny
Midas Blenny
Shrimp goby
Hellfreichi Firefish
Naso Tang
Hippo Tang
Scopas Tang
Koi tang
Anthias (need advice) 1-3+?
Blue Damselfish (or chromis?) - 3-5+ for schooling?

IM40

Sandsifting goby + shrimp
Fancy clown pair
Lawnmower Blenny
Royal Gramma
Fairy or carpenter wrasse
Coral Beauty or Cherub Angelfish

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if many QT venders that do extensive fish. Like TSM is great but you just buy from what they have in stock. They probably will have some of what you want though to get your started.

I know at least one of the venders you are talking about. He does get the orders filled but it is a slow process and you won’t get much communication. You don’t pay for the fish until they ship so no money is held hostage but you do have to basically wait a few months in silence.

QT your own has its own frustrations and skill set. Either way there will be some challenges.

Sand sifting gobies don’t pair with shrimp but maybe you meant to put that by a shrimp goby.

The sixline may not play nice long term with the other wrasse.

Blue damselfish do not school. They will stake out different rocks and territories then bicker with each other (which is fun to watch). I like springers damsels. If you want schooling the chromis is a better shot.

A bellus angel pair would be reef safe.

Last edited:

Siberwulf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if many QT venders that do extensive fish. Like TSM is great but you just buy from what they have in stock.

I know at least one of the venders you are talking about. He does get the orders filled but it is a slow process and you won’t get much communication. You don’t pay for the fish until they ship so no money is held hostage but you do have to basically wait a few months in silence.

Can confirm this. Placed an order on July 19th and occasionally pinged for updates. Got a note this weekend they were shipping this week. I know he's overwhelmed right now, but patience is the name of the game in this hobby.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya he has posted he gets so many text and emails he can not possibly respond to them. He is like one guy can get 100s a day and he still works his normal job on top of QT fish. So you just sit and wait.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine Collectors, send over your whole list of what you want and they will take care of you from there

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back