Looking to download MyReef 2.0? Look no further!

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the power strip as you call it is also a module. It is probably PC4 module. There is also a newer one called a PB4. It is an output module along with this it provides power to the buss to power the head unit and other modules. You can hook up all three of the power strips. In most cases you want to evenly distribute the power on the buss. The modules you have other than the head unit are low power. I would connect the head unit to a power strip and then that to you modules if you want. That will ensure you head unit has enough power. Another issue you might run into with SL1 modules is the inputs are not isolated from the buss. This may cause issues with pH and/or ORP readings using both modules. The SLX modules which is isolated replaced the SL1 module. The SL2 module is also isolated. The SL2 module pH will not go much below the pH of 6. So it would not do for a freshwater tank or in a calcium reactor. The SLX has a pH port and a port that is switchable between pH or ORP. All SL modules have a temp port and 2 switch inputs. If you use the salinity port on the SL2 module you need a temp probe on that module. Also if you download myReef and connect a computer with myReef running to the SID and then to the powered up system you can program the outputs and rename the modules and ports.

Ah ok. so they are all modules. So if you see my post above about the software issue, should the program open with nothing connected or do I have to have the SID connected with the head unit to the computer in order for the program to open?

I guess my best option is to try and locate a SLX or 2. I wanted to have a temp probe, PH probe (I am not sure what the ORP is yet and even google search I didn't fully understand it), salinity probe. I need to look at the manual and see what the switch ports are even for. I know you said you cut that one red/black harness to use it for the switch ports, but I am not sure what they are for. I will have to take some time tomorrow and look at the instructions and see what I can learn.

Thank you for all the help.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok. so they are all modules. So if you see my post above about the software issue, should the program open with nothing connected or do I have to have the SID connected with the head unit to the computer in order for the program to open?

I guess my best option is to try and locate a SLX or 2. I wanted to have a temp probe, PH probe (I am not sure what the ORP is yet and even google search I didn't fully understand it), salinity probe. I need to look at the manual and see what the switch ports are even for. I know you said you cut that one red/black harness to use it for the switch ports, but I am not sure what they are for. I will have to take some time tomorrow and look at the instructions and see what I can learn.

Thank you for all the help.

The program should open without the SID connected. It will not work on a Surface tablet though. Eric sent me several version to try and none would work unless the surface was in safe mode. Always start the program then connect the SID to the computer then to the buss of the system powered up and running. The only time you would do otherwise is if you are updating firmware on a module. This has to be done with only one module connected to the SID. The power bars have to be turned off or unplugged to update firmware. The firmware has not changed in a long time so you most likely will not need to do a firmware update. You may not have an issue. It was kind of hit and miss. I just let you know in case you did. The switch ports are inputs for switches such as float switches to detect water levels. You can also use leak detectors that have relay contact outputs such as GRI 2600. If you check out my build thread it has some info on the Archon which uses the same modules as the RKE. It is the newer version of the RKE. The functions between the two are similar. The Archon is web based and has no display on the head unit.

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The program should open without the SID connected. It will not work on a Surface tablet though. Eric sent me several version to try and none would work unless the surface was in safe mode. Always start the program then connect the SID to the computer then to the buss of the system powered up and running. The only time you would do otherwise is if you are updating firmware on a module. This has to be done with only one module connected to the SID. The power bars have to be turned off or unplugged to update firmware. The firmware has not changed in a long time so you most likely will not need to do a firmware update. You may not have an issue. It was kind of hit and miss. I just let you know in case you did. The switch ports are inputs for switches such as float switches to detect water levels. You can also use leak detectors that have relay contact outputs such as GRI 2600. If you check out my build thread it has some info on the Archon which uses the same modules as the RKE. It is the newer version of the RKE. The functions between the two are similar. The Archon is web based and has no display on the head unit.

Thank you. Well, back to figuring out why the program won't open. I will reboot and see if anything changes. I am using a HP Envy with the latest version of windows 10. So not using a surface. I downloaded the program from this thread. I have the DA folder, then myreef2.0 and then 3 files in there and that is it. Graphlibrary file, cyusb file and the myreef program file.

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I installed myreef on my desktop that is running windows 7 pro and it opened fine. Has to be an issue with windows 10 no matter the machine.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I installed myreef on my desktop that is running windows 7 pro and it opened fine. Has to be an issue with windows 10 no matter the machine.
I have Windows 10 on a HP laptop and it works fine. I think it is a particular driver or program that it is not compatible with.

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Windows 10 on a HP laptop and it works fine. I think it is a particular driver or program that it is not compatible with.

Probably. Would be nice to figure out because I wanted to upgrade that computer. I might just put what I have up for sale and consider hold off for now. Basement just flooded from busted water pipe so now the tank setup is put on hold anyway.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably. Would be nice to figure out because I wanted to upgrade that computer. I might just put what I have up for sale and consider hold off for now. Basement just flooded from busted water pipe so now the tank setup is put on hold anyway.
Which version of myReef are you running? I have a desktop that runs windows 10. I will look and see if I have myReef on it.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which version of myReef are you running? I have a desktop that runs windows 10. I will look and see if I have myReef on it.
My laptop is running windows 10 and the myreef in the link at the beginning of the thread works if that helps :)

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am running the version from first post in this thread. I can take video if needed but I double click to open the program, get the spinning circle a couple of times and nothing happens.

My laptop is running windows 10 and the myreef in the link at the beginning of the thread works if that helps :)

Same here but won’t open it. Not sure if my HP envy has some other drivers or other security with windows but it won’t open it. My windows 7 pro opens it fine.

cwills75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When running MyReef with my ReefKeeper Lite connected with SID V2, it doesn't allow me to save some settings. On the main page there is a red x over the clownfish icon, and under Head Unit Setup->System->Com, the myReef Control box is greyed out and can't be selected. Is there a workaround for this?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When running MyReef with my ReefKeeper Lite connected with SID V2, it doesn't allow me to save some settings. On the main page there is a red x over the clownfish icon, and under Head Unit Setup->System->Com, the myReef Control box is greyed out and can't be selected. Is there a workaround for this?
It has been awhile but you may have to set that on the head unit. The current setting myReef cannot control anything. I have been using the Archon for a few years now and it is not compatible with myReef.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, it runs on my desktop with windows 10. It is an HP also
Both have touch screens.

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, it runs on my desktop with windows 10. It is an HP also
Both have touch screens.

dang. No clue man. Mine is touch screen as well. No different with installing program on my win10 machine as I did win7. Bummer

cwills75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I figured it out, you need to enable MyReef within the Reefkeeper Lite, then it works. There is no way for the software to override that setting on the hardware.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it out, you need to enable MyReef within the Reefkeeper Lite, then it works. There is no way for the software to override that setting on the hardware.

I thought it was something like that. Like I said it has been awhile since I used myReef for anything other than updating firmware on the module. I still have a RKE I can hook up if I need to refresh my memory on things.

Lance Ferguson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, I'm new. I here I Just got a RKL about 8 months ago or so and just now got my system up and running. I was horrified to find my new toy is no longer supported....anyways I was able to find my reef 2.0.
and I do have the SID V2 cable and can communicate with each module when I connect each module separately each shows up on the left under system.
The issue I have is when I connect them together I do not see the entire chain under system only the module I plug into... such as if I remove my temp probe and plug in there I only see the SLX module.
firmware as follows:
SID rev 02.09
RKL rev02.08
SLX rev02.03
PB4 rev02.04
PB4 rev02.04

Lance Ferguson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
forgot to mention I tried to restart my reef2.0 and then plug in. another issue I have is after programing one of my PB4 and in the process of trying many times to reprogram it when I pull it up I get PB4-1-0204.HEX.
another issue is occasionally when I start MYreef 2.0 and then my SID it will say SID UPGRADE! or something like that under system on the left. I am so confused why this happens. it does not happen all the time when I start the program with the SID in place its works ok and shows the rev I posted above

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you hook the SID to the system with it all connected is it powered up. If you are upgrading firmware then hook up one module at a time unpowered. Otherwise the system has to be powered up. Sometimes myReef will think the SID needs updating.

Lance Ferguson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I update each module individually there is no power to the system. When I connect them all together with no power I do not receive anything on the left under systems. Are all my revisions OK or do I need new hex files?

Lance Ferguson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hot dog it’s working!!!! After doing them Individually I was expecting with power off to be able to see the daisychain. I checked each one again with power off plug them all together put power to the 2PB4’s Started The program and then plugged it in. My SLX module Had no name but I was able to click on it rename it and open it. Now it’s just a matter of learning how to program. My pH probe is currently reading zero but I have not calibrated it and it is still in the original solution vile that came with it

Back